Corner Guards......

Becker

Name
Becker
You are correct Ron, they do get noticed, the client today...... " Wow, I like those!"

Clients do like them, because when I do leave them behind rarely do I get a call to come collect them.

Al

Thank You! That was my idea......Several years ago.

100_0820.jpg

8)

Dion R

I have 3 and use them. I like the insurance and the customers really do notice. I'm impressed with those of you who don't use them because you never hit the corners with your hose. But really it adds no extra time to set up a corner guard why take the chance? I have a question for those of you who don't use them because they don't stay in place: If your dragging the hose enough to move them out of place what are doing differently when you don't set them up to avoid hitting the corners? Couldn't you do that with them there.

Name
Eric Valentine
I have 6 in the van, and use them on 1 out of 3 jobs. I try not to drag hoses around corners, but on some houses, it is impossible to avoid. Essential to have for multi-story houses, and when fine furniture is in the path of the hoses.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have 1 in my van and use it when it's actually needed... :D :roll:

I get alot more compliments on the door drape.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have 4, never used them. I'm including them with the van I'm selling. The less things you bring into the house, the better.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
4 on the truck use 2 or 3. they do not stay in place but eyeryone likes them

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Anyone tried covering the bottom of the cornerguards with the negative side of velcro. I was just thinking that may stick to the carpeted surface better and stay in place.

On hardwood or tile I think some type of non marking "rubberized" tape could help to keep them in place.

I think I'll try it next week...

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
3, ALWAYS use them on every job. The marketing sticker are FANtastic, thanks for the idea, they will go on right away.

I had a job where the paint in the house was already pretty bad, my tech decided not to put them up for some reason. The lady had a cow, cost $50 to make her happy - that came out of the tech's pay. He never forgets them now.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
anybody else notice that this thread started in June of 2008. I have 2, and I use them all the time plus a bonnet or two. I also carry a roll of blue tape for stair rails. I couldn't find anything else that worked.

gene

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I noticed it.... I actually remembered this threat from when it was first posted. That's when I put a corner guard in my van.

Name
Nate W.
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I noticed it.... I actually remembered this threat from when it was first posted. That's when I put a corner guard in my van.

Do you still use it is the question? Or is it like Chavez belly for decoration only? :lol:

Name
jack zerkie
No luck with the regular ones so i used small orange cones cut in half they are soft material and don,t scratch, they hold to the corner wall for me and easy to store in van. jack z.

Name
Nate W.
JACK ZERKIE said:
No luck with the regular ones so i used small orange cones cut in half they are soft material and don,t scratch, they hold to the corner wall for me and easy to store in van. jack z.

Smart idea. :D

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Zalan Szabo (zee)":7b96l7r6]I noticed it.... I actually remembered this threat from when it was first posted. That's when I put a corner guard in my van.

Do you still use it is the question? Or is it like Chavez belly for decoration only? :lol:[/quote:7b96l7r6]

Yes still use it...

...50% of the jobs....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
JACK ZERKIE said:
How do you find they work?
Do the hoses run up the cone to the wall?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I use em, not because they work, still can't drag hoses around the corners, but because it makes it LOOK like I care...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
My custys think the guards are just the neatest things! When they see the hoses against the guards and not their corners, they think "he cares". I also use a few round padding pads as walk-ins at the door, and for walk-offs between carpet and hard floors. But, at almost $10 a piece, you gotta NOT forget the pads.

-JB-

Name
JB
I use em, not because they work, still can't drag hoses around the corners, but because it makes it LOOK like I care...

so what your saying is there like a little plastic Vortex?

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
6 on the truck
3 used on a typical job

I also have a couple of oversize terry bath towels for wooden stair posts and other stuff the guards don't fit around.

-JB-

Name
JB
Okay for the record, stop wasting $ on those stupid corner guards, go buy 12 in orange cones cut them in half vertically, but on a diagonal, did it the other day, they work AWESOME!, and serve several purposes, corner guards, and alerts custys as your whereabouts, so said Mrs. P today, she loved em.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
JB said:
Okay for the record, stop wasting $ on those stupid corner guards, go buy 12 in orange cones cut them in half vertically, but on a diagonal, did it the other day, they work AWESOME!, and serve several purposes, corner guards, and alerts custys as your whereabouts, so said Mrs. P today, she loved em.
got a pic?

-JB-

Name
JB
sorry it took so long.... life happens :mrgreen: ......

props to Jack Zerkie
Great tip Jack thanks a million!
I would rank this as one of the best tips I've gotten off MB, along w/Becker's "bag the drapes" tip.
cones.jpg

PS.

They work MINT! You can even set them up on a step to alert folk as to where you've pre-treated!

M

mattorbabs

Where is the best place to purchase the caution cones?

I agree this is a great tip!

Matt

-JB-

Name
JB
Lowe's $9.99 each, that's TWO for $9.99! At LOWE'S! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom