Cotton VLM pads.. Who has the good ones..

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Those pads are good. But Microfiber bonnets are even better...

We have two flavors of microfiber bonnets MicroGlide & MicroBeast. We feel that these bonnets can handle the lion's share of what a typical cleaner may encounter. Microfiber is a unique animal. It brings excellent soil suspension and easy cleanability to the table. Here is a brief overview of what we are offering...

We have the MicroGlide bonnets that are safe for just about any carpet. They're gentle enough for most cut pile carpets. On the other hand, cotton and synthetic/blend bonnets tend to get pretty grippy on the carpet fiber and can sometimes distort delicate pile if you're not careful. The MicroGlide's are referred to as "gentle bonnets" yet they still clean extremely well. Their soil capturing properties are outstanding - because that's the nature of microfiber.

We also have the MicroBeast bonnets. These bonnets have scrub strips and provide more agitation than the MicroGlide bonnets. Obviously they're not as well suited for extremely delicate carpets. The MicroBeasts are a terrific all-around bonnet for commercial carpets and a large percentage of residential carpets. They absorb soil extremely well, just like the MicroGlide bonnets. However they also have additional scrubbing action. The MicroBeasts have become an extremely popular bonnet since we first introduced them.

Between the two (MicroGlide & MicroBeast), these bonnets cover the full spectrum of just about anything you might encounter. We have a gentle bonnet where it's needed. And we have an all around scrubbing performer for everything else.

Here is our MicroGlide Bonnet:
19" MicroGlide Bonnet
micro-glide.jpg

And here's our MicroBeast Bonnet:
19" MicroBeast Bonnet
microbeast.jpg

The BEAUTY of microfiber is the fiber itself. Microfiber has the ability to trap soil within its microfiber strands. Each strand of fiber has the ability to capture and hold soil more efficiently than cotton or other synthetic fibers. And since the base fiber is made from polyester it also rinses very easily. Microfiber bonnets are extremely durable too! We feel that microfiber is the perfect bonnet material.

Here is an image that illustrates the benefits of microfiber over cotton or synthetic fiber. As you can see, microfiber is a superior cleaning fiber. Because microfiber has more surface area, it has the ability to absorb even more soil than cotton. Microfiber is also gentler on the carpet than other fibers because it has such a small denier; 1/100th the diameter of a human hair. Bonnets made from microfiber are also easier to launder than other types of bonnets.

microfiber-vs-cotton.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
you'd think you knew I was going to ask..lol

So why do cottons appear black when post Cimexing or post HWE and Micros not so much?

Name
Lee Stockwell
just checked out the link to the cotton pads. $200 bucks for a pack of 10, do they have gold in them? I remember when you could get cottons for $7 a piece.
I paid north of $160 for 10 cotton Glad pads from John two years ago. Thus $20 each doesn't sound too bad considering the increased durability of the pads Rick brought to MF.

I'll miss the "pop" of new white pads, but won't miss the way they shredded so quickly.

Was gonna call him for more, but got the distinct vibe that he doesn't want our business.

John G

Wow Lee, after all these years you think that way? this isn't our first argument is it?
You should know me better than that, you are welcome at my table anytime, and we can still argue....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Wow Lee, after all these years you think that way? this isn't our first argument is it?
You should know me better than that, you are welcome at my table anytime, and we can still argue....

Didn't you just say here a few days ago that you no longer carried them?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
you'd think you knew I was going to ask..lol

So why do cottons appear black when post Cimexing or post HWE and Micros not so much?

Mikey are you playing dumb ? Of course Rick new you were going to ask just like he new you were going to start this thread before you posed it. Ricks very well thought out and very detailed good reply came 6 minutes after you started this thread.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey are you playing dumb ? Of course Rick new you were going to ask just like he new you were going to start this thread before you posed it. Ricks very well thought out and very detailed good reply came 6 minutes after you started this thread.

With all the attention a non paying business is getting here, it is only fair Mikey would serve HIS paying customer with a somewhat served up thread.

Aren't you helping your paying customers more willingly than a non paying complainer that just wants a spot removed for free?

So whether or not it was a served up thread, it still is Mikey's board mostly and he could have a contract with an advertiser that requiers a bimonthly product pusher thread. Nobody's business...

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

Actually, I covered the subject of microfiber a couple of weeks ago over on our message board. I simply copy and pasted it to Mike's post this morning. Here's where the info came from... http://forum.excellent-supply.com/thread-981.html

Mikey P

Administrator
no conspiracy here. I actually do need new pads, my guys keep bugging me about it.

If John had any moral compass what so ever what so ever 1 box of 20 ABSORBENT pads would be on my doorstep early next week. Gratis.

Rick, wait for my call.

Mikey P

Administrator
it still is Mikey's board mostly and he could have a contract with an advertiser that requiers a bimonthly product pusher thread

With thew 40 plus advertisers here, nothing of the sort exists, but I do like to mention my favorite products from time to time.

Have I told you all how much I dig Flex, my AT, my Ti wands, my SS uph tools, Service Monster, my Yulies, John Olsen's quick text based service, my Parflex, my HOSS, my Hydroforce, my Turbo Hybrid and PMF wand and hand tools lately?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
With all the attention a non paying business is getting here, it is only fair Mikey would serve HIS paying customer with a somewhat served up thread.

Aren't you helping your paying customers more willingly than a non paying complainer that just wants a spot removed for free?

"So whether or not it was a served up thread, it still is Mikey's board mostly and he could have a contract with an advertiser that requiers a bimonthly product pusher thread. Nobody's business..."

Zee, take a look at my reply to Mardie...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mardie

Actually, I covered the subject of microfiber a couple of weeks ago over on our message board. I simply copy and pasted it to Mike's post this morning. Here's where the info came from... http://forum.excellent-supply.com/thread-981.html

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
With thew 40 plus advertisers here, nothing of the sort exists, but I do like to mention my favorite products from time to time.

Have I told you all how much I dig Flex, my AT, my Ti wands, my SS uph tools, Service Monster, my Yulies, John Olsen's quick text based service, my Parflex, my HOSS, my Hydroforce, my Turbo Hybrid and PMF wand and hand tools lately?

I wasn't saying you do that..what I was trying to point out to "the mardie" that even if there is such deal, its nobody's business, because its your board. And can do whatever the heck you want to do.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

"So whether or not it was a served up thread, it still is Mikey's board mostly and he could have a contract with an advertiser that requiers a bimonthly product pusher thread. Nobody's business..."
Zee, take a look at my reply to Mardie...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mardie

I think you misunderstood my post...

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I wasn't saying you do that..what I was trying to point out to "the mardie" that even if there is such deal, its nobody's business, because its your board. And can do whatever the heck you want to do.

That makes sense. That's often the problem with typing comments on a keyboard. It's not a very relevant way to communicate. Things sometimes get lost or misunderstood in the process.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
you need to have some 100% cottons on hand.

Give Microfiber a try. I think you may come to a different conclusion:

100% cotton bonnets tear and fray fairly easily.
Cotton bonnets won't capture as much soil as MF.
Cotton grays out and is harder to launder.
And they're more prone to damage delicate carpets.

Microfiber excels in all those areas.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I bought some of those Larry and they're great for scrubbing and lifting olefin carpet

Back
Top Bottom