Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Glad she’s done.
974BBF4F-39F5-4C1A-857E-1E10CA5945F5.jpeg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Well, You never know with me. But yes, it was just a lot of work. Made good money today. Time to go to Arby's.

And what is your favorite dish at Arby’s? I’m thinking the brisket sandwich has just the right amount of red meat and fat.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It may never happen to you but it happened to me so I'll share my pain so others won't have to.

I left cushions to dry just as you have yours set. I later got a call about water stains on the deck base. The cushions were oversized and enough of the damp fabric wet the decking material to leave a slight water stain.

No biggie but correcting them caused another issue. The light tan color reacted adversely to the Yellow RX and stripped the color out.

I was left with no choice but to purposely strip the deck out completely to white. I pushed down with my knee to get in the crevice of the arms and inside back, so I left no tan color and used blocks to allow the fabric in the crevice to dry.

I explained to the client and asked for a bed sheet to allow them to dry on the carpet.

After that I rarely if ever used the decking as my drying platform or if I needed to, I used the sheet to absorb any moisture. 😑

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I like the beef and cheddar.
I should have known....it’s easier to eat and has the cheese to throw some lactose related issues in with the rest.

When I’m filled with self loathing and need to degrade myself but the Wendy’s line is too long, there is always a beef and cheddar to complete the damage

😆

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Jeff T
Force dry by the client, ALWAYS tell them to rotate, rotate, rotate…
And for the love of all things holy, tepee for the win…

Brian H

Name
Brian H
It may never happen to you but it happened to me so I'll share my pain so others won't have to.

I left cushions to dry just as you have yours set. I later got a call about water stains on the deck base. The cushions were oversized and enough of the damp fabric wet the decking material to leave a slight water stain.

No biggie but correcting them caused another issue. The light tan color reacted adversely to the Yellow RX and stripped the color out.

I was left with no choice but to purposely strip the deck out completely to white. I pushed down with my knee to get in the crevice of the arms and inside back, so I left no tan color and used blocks to allow the fabric in the crevice to dry.

I explained to the client and asked for a bed sheet to allow them to dry on the carpet.

After that I rarely if ever used the decking as my drying platform or if I needed to, I used the sheet to absorb any moisture. 😑
We have had that happen as well. Instead of trying to bleach/strip the color we paid an upholsterer to put new decking material right over the top of the original decking. The customers have been very satisfied with the results.

We have also had the decking fabric bleed onto the cushions as they dried. Those were a lot tougher to correct.

We now will lay out a strip of walkway paper on the decking or on the carpet in front of the furniture and tepee the cushions there.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
By the time I stacked the pillows, they were mostly dry. Also, I am quite impressed with DSE2 encap juice. I had some stains on that couch that would not come out with my Chemspec fabric cleaner. So, I spiked it with a bit of encap and scrubbed. It worked! Alex and I were so happy we danced around the room like a couple of twinks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom