Couch with mold... Do you clean?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Chavez is an idiot savant of our industry.

And he watches Judge Wopner too everyday at 3 pm.
When and if he wakes up from the afternoon nap. Not to be confused with the morning nap. Or the pre lunch nap. I have pictures.

hqdefault_zpso7irwgvf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm glad to see that Jenny Craig thing is working for you Richard. Have you dipped below 400 pounds yet?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
About 30 years ago at another company we had a guy want to drop off a sofa for cleaning. It was a herculon sofa and he said it had tear gas residue on it. He dropped it off at a time there was no manager in the building.

After we looked at it, we found rat/mouse dropping as well as a very large blood stain on the inside back of the sofa. It turns out that the sofa had belonged to his sister and she was murdered at the home and her assailant (an ex-boyfriend) committed suicide while sitting on the sofa. It was a police stand off hence the reason there was tear gas residue. It had sat for about a year after that before he brought it in to us. We politely told him there was nothing we could do with it and set it outside for him to come and pick it up.

This was a very inexpensive sofa and aside from the physical issues (staining, tear gas residue and rodent feces) there were psychological issues . This sofa was part of the crime scene where his sister was murdered. To this day, I can't understand why he wanted to try and save that sofa...

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
About 30 years ago at another company we had a guy want to drop off a sofa for cleaning. It was a herculon sofa and he said it had tear gas residue on it. He dropped it off at a time there was no manager in the building.

After we looked at it, we found rat/mouse dropping as well as a very large blood stain on the inside back of the sofa. It turns out that the sofa had belonged to his sister and she was murdered at the home and her assailant (an ex-boyfriend) committed suicide while sitting on the sofa. It was a police stand off hence the reason there was tear gas residue. It had sat for about a year after that before he brought it in to us. We politely told him there was nothing we could do with it and set it outside for him to come and pick it up.

This was a very inexpensive sofa and aside from the physical issues (staining, tear gas residue and rodent feces) there were psychological issues . This sofa was part of the crime scene where his sister was murdered. To this day, I can't understand why he wanted to try and save that sofa...

Years of doing trauma scene clean up (before we used protective gear :eekk:) had taught me that people have some strange attitudes about belongings that were part of a loved one's death.

I understand saving a picture or some item of sentimental value that might have been exposed to "the debris of death', but not a sofa.

I also learned during those young and impressionable years to have a great deal of respect for those in law enforcement and emergency services who are the ones who find bodies in that state, and who also deal with loved ones in the moments after the event occurs.

I'm grateful we have people of that personal fortitude to serve society in such very difficult circumstances.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I cleaned a divan 20 years ago that was a grandmother's heirloom that the daughter had in her apartment. The daughter’s boyfriend committed suicide when the girlfriend broke up with him.

The mother wanted to save it even though the arm was pretty saturated with fluids. Today we would have told them no but back then it was a challenge.

I saturated the area with antimicrobials, wore PPE (tyvek, gloves, face shield) and flushed it until the water ran clear. Then cleaned as normal and re-applied the antimicrobial.

The owner loved it and it looked great. I didn’t understand it but it was what they wanted. It would creep me out. I’d never sit on it. :eekk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom