Could Prochem have patented this?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A patented product has to have the patent number listed on it. (Or patent pending if it just has a provisional patent.)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I realize that Dave

but from where I sit Prochem came out with this design first.

Wonder why they did not protect it.

maybe they copied it too..

That is a business call they have to make. It may not be patentable. Patent ownership now belong to proof and date of invention. Very soon they are going to whoever files the paper work and gets it approved first. This is why you want to document the date of your invention. But at the same time keep the details secret.

Ron K

would this type of fan be as effective as a Snail in a rug plant setting under hanging rugs?

No! a snail fan is more versatile. Up, across and next to hanging rugs.

Last edited:

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I thought when Prochem first came out with that design Bill Bruders said it was one that had been used before. So I don't believe it was an original idea.

Hi Richard
You are correct, Primatemp offered a product for a couple of years in the mid 90's that this is basically an exact copy of. These units are utilizing a axial fan blade which really reduces performance yet requires more amperage to produce a "fair" level of CFM and static pressure that was the issue with Primatemps. Prochem utilizes a impeller which is a better choice and technology that has been used in dehumidifiers as well as HEPA filters, for many years. However the triad misses the mark because they failed to engineer a solution to the fact that impeller's need a proper outlet channel design to "straighten" the air stream or it is very erratic.
This is just one of the patent pending features of the VELO and is quite evident when a person first views our unit.
We have been in the air mover biz now for 33 years and understand what's required to dry effectively and efficiently.
I'm sure several of the companies in this industry will rush substandard copies to market as they do time and time again. What I ask people to consider is a couple of age old sayings before they fall victim;
1. Buyer Beware!!!
2. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is

Have a great holiday weekend everyone

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I really mean that comment in a respectful way Richard I hope John doesn't take it as a poke. While I may have different beliefs about what's best on occasion with John I do feel his heart is in the right place and I commend his commitment to his customers especially those on this board.

Reactions: Hoody

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom