COWHIDE RUG

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So I cleaned 20 various wool rugs for this lady and I forget ONE.

Its a cowhide rug.

I have some idea but how would you do it?

Either I will just use a shampoo and lightly wipe it down or I will use my internal jet upholstery tool. Would a solvent protector work for protection?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
dont talk about your girlfriend,s face like that......just say she,s a butta face

sdaws4

Throw it in your washing machine and see what happens or just give her back all the money she paid ya. :roll:

Cameron1

Is it soft or hard?

Wall mounted or floor mount?

What is the breed?......... Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey, Milking Shorthorn or Angus?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Use your Vidal Sassoon shampoo and conditioner. Blow dry. You may well want to style it into a light and airy Bufoont or work some of your black voodoo magic with curlers and hairspray. Hopefully, you'll be able to capture that lion like flowing mane of yours. :wink:

cnn_nowhere_culdesac_080925.jpg

harryhides

Name
Tony
Jimmy vacuum first then just grimace as you spray some encap juice, brush in and leave over night then vacuum again in the morning.

I'd recommend Releasit if it's an Angus.
DSC's juice if it's an Ayrshire or Jersey
Vacaway if it's a Guernsey or Holstein

Not sure about the Milking Shorthorn or Brown Swiss.

Cameron1

harryhides said:
Jimmy vacuum first then just grimace as you spray some encap juice, brush in and leave over night then vacuum again in the morning.

I'd recommend Releasit if it's an Angus.
DSC's juice if it's an Ayrshire or Jersey
Vacaway if it's a Guernsey or Holstein

Not sure about the Milking Shorthorn or Brown Swiss.

I concur with everything Higgins suggests, but do not forget to POLISH it off after it is dry. If you need the correct POLISH.................CALL JOE.

After he tans your hide.........he might sell you some.

Chris A

Name
Chris
rctpks said:
Steve saw you were in KC for training at Greg's place.

Dude, you came that close and didn't visit.......thanks! :mrgreen:

He was in my town (of 20,000) and wouldn't even let me buy him a dinner. Prick! :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I want to thank a select group of individuals who PM me and gave me some good advice.

While I come here and piss on most of you everyday and everynight I do respect those who want to help me.

I ended up just using my internal jet tool being careful not to get the skin wet.

This was a custom piece and on the back was a label that said "Harold's Love Hides".

Cameron1

Oh. I'm so sorry walruses. I just ass/u/med that the question was a joke. I figured that a cleaner with your stature in the industry would know some simple cleaning theories of do's and don'ts. I forgot that you do not have 20 years of experience, but rather one year of experience twenty times. :p It's not the same you know

Well anyway.............I'm glad you got the help you needed.

Chris and Richard..........no need to fret...........I will issue a rain check to both of you for Dinner. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom