Craziest customer yet

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
We showed up to do the job... I could tell over the phone this lady might be a little off, but went anyways. Crap stacked on crap in boxes, on furniture, etc. Nothing but a 12" path to walk around stuff.

"Ma'am, I can tell you might not be quite ready for us today, would you like to reschedule?"

Of course not, it's never that easy. I insist that we should come back later that day because I simply can't do much for her right now.

Going back, that was the second mistake....

Now all the crap that was in the house is all over her front porch, back porch, side yard, everywhere. I go inside, feeling a bit apprehensive. The place is great! Ready to be cleaned, nearly devoid of furniture. Except the waterbed.... which she insists we dismantle and move.

"No ma'am, we don't disassemble or move waterbeds." She starts to tremble and shake. Then she starts shrieking:

"YOU MEAN YOU"RE JUST GOING TO CLEAN AROUND IT? YOU'RE JUST GOING TO CLEAN AROUND IT.... YOU ARE JUST GOING TO CLEAN AROUND IT!"

She was still screaming at us from her front yard as we drove down the street. I guess you just can't please everyone.

Mike Draper

oh that is funny, I'm still waiting for the day, i'm sure it will be here soon enough.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That was one advantage to being a female cleaner working alone, they never expected me to do any of that. In fact they usually fell all over themselves to help me move stuff.

Take care,
Lisa

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
You guys are too nice, I would of called my competition and given it to them. Then parked across the street and watched them, lol

John Watson

We have so many stories from the past 30 years it's hard to pick one.

Back in 87, right after I took over running Claude's, a previous client called and scheduled and wanted Claude only to clean her carpets, I explained that he had not cleaned carpets for the past 5 years. Oh no she said, he was here last year and many times before. I'm sorry but Claude is not avalable, She got real irate, cussed me and said Well just forget it then I will call someone else.

The following day she calls back to schedule like nothing happened. I had to remind her that Claude would not be the one cleaning her carpets, Oh I know that,he is busy with his other buisness. We scheduled the cleaning for a week out.

Our tech Paul went to clean and calls me from a payphone saying he got cursed out and she said she didn't have no dang appointment with us. Well go on to your next job if they will let you in early.

The next day she calls and wonders why we missed our appointment. I tried to explain what had transpired , but she said she waited all day for us. and if we couldn't at least call when we were going to miss an appointment she wanted no more to do with us and she hung up.

About a week later she calls to schedule and sounded like nothig had happened. I personaly took the truck up the next day, A competetiors truck pulls in after I am about 1/2 done. What am I doing on their job?? She had scheduled a week ago. (They were about an hr late). When we went to speak to her, Her daughter had arrived and was with her. She denied having the other appointment and said she only uses Claude's and started cursing the other guy out. The daughter calmed her down and took her back inside. When completed I went to the daughter to collect and tell her what had been happening. She said she knew it and was getting worse. Her daughter called and scheduled the next few years till her mother was placed in a care giving home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom