The unique callbacks

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Does anyone have a funny story about some of our weird customers?

I’ll start.

This “sweet old” lady from Alabama asked me to clean her rug a couple weeks ago. Just a plainJane polypropylene rug, nothing more. I decided to give her a generous discount since it took me longer to setup than to clean the rug. Big mistake.
I got a callback the next day with her saying there was white lines in the rug after it dried. I asked her if she ever used that powder to cover dog odors and she said no. So I went and discovered it was my triangle marks from the dry passes that she was talking about. I groom the rug and she’s happy

Fast forward to a week later.

She calls back and says the left side of the rug is brighter than the right side and she is not happy. So I offer to relearn it. She thinks that’s not needed, so I make another trip back to find out that somehow, after I groomed it the first time, I must’ve left another part of the rug ungroomed, which doesn’t make sense. So I regroom it. Problem solved. She sits in this one spot in her couch all day and stares at this damn rug

The fancy wand triangle marks are sometimes the devil

What weird stories do you have?

Mikey P

Administrator
My last Uber ride of my Vegas trip made me the unique customer..

An older black gentleman was in mid conversation when I entered the vehicle, my first thought was that he was talking to somebody at Uber HQ.

He was complaining bitterly about how little money he's making in his Infinity xq that cost him $800 a month to lease.

He says he never gets the long rides anymore and usually just makes four bucks a trip.
The man on the other end of the line was sympathetic and was asking more questions and for the driver to clarify some of his statements as he didn't quite believe them.
It became clear that the other person was also a Uber driver and not part of management.
They wanted the head in a uncomfortable direction when my driver told the mail on the line that I was present and maybe they should continue the conversation later, to which I replied I don't worry about me I find this all very interesting, which I do.
Then the man on the other line said listen dad I know that you are handing out business cards trying to get private rides from your customers so in essence you're stealing from Uber so maybe this is God's way of telling you to knock that off...
He then started the quote various scriptures which certainly backed up his point, once again the driver tried to stop the conversation as he could tell I was very interested and I buttons in and said that's a Christian I find this all fascinating so please don't stop on my behalf..

Turns out it was the man's son who laid into his guilty dad a bit more before agreeing to talk later.

The man and I continued to talk about Uber and how I never asked for the fancier car and just want the quickest and cheapest ride possible which he agreed was what he would want to.

When we got to the airport he handed me his card and said call me next time I'll be a few bucks cheaper and I'll be here waiting for you if you just give me 20 minutes heads up...

I tipped him well through the app but I tossed his card.

I don't want to be there for God's next warning when this guy is clipped in an intersection.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Slow down on the reading old man. I only suggested the carpet powder from her description on the phone. It was the pile of the carpet laying in the opposite side she’s familiar with seeing, making it look lighter in color. That’s why grooming it made her picky old ass happy.

I could see you sitting in your recliner, staring at it with her and just adding fuel to her idiot fire

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Does anyone have a funny story about some of our weird customers?

I’ll start.

This “sweet old” lady from Alabama asked me to clean her rug a couple weeks ago. Just a plainJane polypropylene rug, nothing more. I decided to give her a generous discount since it took me longer to setup than to clean the rug. Big mistake.
I got a callback the next day with her saying there was white lines in the rug after it dried. I asked her if she ever used that powder to cover dog odors and she said no. So I went and discovered it was my triangle marks from the dry passes that she was talking about. I groom the rug and she’s happy

Fast forward to a week later.

She calls back and says the left side of the rug is brighter than the right side and she is not happy. So I offer to relearn it. She thinks that’s not needed, so I make another trip back to find out that somehow, after I groomed it the first time, I must’ve left another part of the rug ungroomed, which doesn’t make sense. So I regroom it. Problem solved. She sits in this one spot in her couch all day and stares at this damn rug

The fancy wand triangle marks are sometimes the devil

What weird stories do you have?

"No good deed goes unpunished..."

Oscar Wilde

Reactions: Dr. Kleen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom