CRB artificial turf

Condog

Name
Tony
I picked up the Brush Pro CRB today. The salesman said I should look for additional sales at the customers. He suggested cleaning fake grass as that is carpeting. My Son-In-Law installed some in their back yard. He threw sand on the grass to keep it down on windy days, and from the children. I thought it could give the grass a raised nap, but if you're just rubbing dirt over the fake grass fibers can you clean it. It would seem to take a lot more chemicals than a regular carpet. Or did he mean just if installed indoors?

He also suggested cleaning pool decking. Would the rough pool decking prematurely ruin the bristles on the brush. That decking is really rough.

Open to thoughts, ideas, and the voice of experience.

Condog

Name
Tony
I us a hos to clen my plasic gras.
Do you do artificial grass that is in a back yard? That is where they use sand to hold the carpet/grass down.
Or are you referring to artificial grass installed in doors?

Basically, I'm asking if there is an opportunity to upsell if I see arty grass outside.

Condog

Name
Tony
I'm also asking if cleaning pool decking is another possible source of income too.
There are an awful lot of pools in the "Valley of the Sun" (another name for Phoenix).

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you do artificial grass that is in a back yard? That is where they use sand to hold the carpet/grass down.
Or are you referring to artificial grass installed in doors?

Basically, I'm asking if there is an opportunity to upsell if I see arty grass outside.

I can't imagine that working

Reactions: Condog

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Unique diversifications are interesting to consider, but in the early stages of a business, its better to focus tightly on your core services, and perform and perfect what you do, as well as how you market it, before looking into the next shiny thing.

When you spend a lot of money on a tool, it makes complete sense to try to see how many things it can do. But while you do that, you tend to let the core business go.

What you end up with are several services that aren't doing well. I've watched this happen over and over and over again for close to 45 years, and the answer remains to focus and get one thing right before you go to the next.

Once your carpet cleaning business is doing all it can do, then start looking at diversifications

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
ADVICE: Don't listen to salesmen.

I'll pretend not to feel injured by that :biggrin:

Though to be fair when we started selling truck mounts in the 70's, most cleaners couldn't imagine spend 8000.00 (top price for the big ones back then) for a machine when they were perfectly satisfied with the results their scrubber and/or small extractor were giving them on carpet.

What was a traveling truck mount salesman to do?

I talked about (and demonstrated) pressure washing, gutter cleaning, awning cleaning, removal of icicles and proudly told guys about people in Iowa who pressure washed their pigs with their truck mounts.

It was a different era, and I was a kid, but I confess to being about the same as the salesman recommending you clean artificial turn in people's yards with the Brush Pro.

F

FB7777

Funny, yesterday I asked about selection of brushes for the CRB. I was told to ask the sales rep. they know their products.

They know bullet points and add on sales

And the endless “ I sold one to a guy that’s making a killing with this machine” stories

If you’re in this long enough you hear guys talk shit about manufacturers , jump ship and then work for the companies they were trashing

Most of them are clueless and FOS

Mikey P

Administrator
There are a lot more effective ways to clean concrete than with a 40 pound CRB.

Your salesman might as well have been telling you all the ways you could get fresh poonie in your new Vette

hogjowl

Idiot™
They know bullet points and add on sales

And the endless “ I sold one to a guy that’s making a killing with this machine” stories

If you’re in this long enough you hear guys talk shit about manufacturers , jump ship and then work for the companies they were trashing

Most of them are clueless and FOS
Such a pissy attitude!

F

FB7777

Followed by a predictable tired response

You need new material

Idiot!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Unique diversifications are interesting to consider, but in the early stages of a business, its better to focus tightly on your core services, and perform and perfect what you do, as well as how you market it, before looking into the next shiny thing.

When you spend a lot of money on a tool, it makes complete sense to try to see how many things it can do. But while you do that, you tend to let the core business go.

What you end up with are several services that aren't doing well. I've watched this happen over and over and over again for close to 45 years, and the answer remains to focus and get one thing right before you go to the next.

Once your carpet cleaning business is doing all it can do, then start looking at diversifications
That my friend in good solid advise.

Condog

Name
Tony

Thanks, that's great advice.
Once I get comfortable with the basics, what would be the add ons to consider?
The basic add ons. A road map at this point would help me stay focused so I don't chase after wind mills (like pool decking or artificial turf).

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
Focus on high end referrals, high end commercial, build good relationships with those contracts, and make sure you ‘farm’ you’re pre existing clients.
Focus on quality, not quantity....
It’s easy to do 250K in this industry if you know where to look..

Mikey P

Administrator
The basic add ons. A road map at this point would help me stay focused so I don't chase after wind mills (like pool decking or artificial turf).
Spend your time wisely at Mikey's Fest.

Wood and Vinyl floors
Countertops
Grout repair
Uph
On-site rug cleaning
Sealing and protection
Glass

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

You will know you are ready for your next diversification when you have made a comfortable living with carpet and upholstery and hard perhaps floor cleaning. Don’t think of this in weeks or months.

Reactions: Condog

randy

Name
Randy

Every new cleaner should be forced to read this and sign they understand it before being given a business license. IT WILL SAVE THEM MORE MONEY THAN ANYTHING ELSE. Except one other must know : most traditional advertising (newspaper & magazine ads, yellow pages, valpaks, money mailer, flyers, ads on shopping carts etc etc ) will not even break even and should be avoided like a bad pothole. Focus on internet marketing and consistently email your customer base offering a free brief in between ANNUAL cleanings spotting service. Have a great sales letter that you are mailing every month to a few hundred of your dream commercial accounts and that will keep you very busy.

If you can't figure out how to sell carpet cleaning services you will never be able to sell air duct cleaning, power washing, water damage restoration ........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom