CRB carpet fiber clumps

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
CRB-carpet fiber clumps with customer watching???
We just got our first crb
While scrubbing a carpet today a few small clumps of what appeared to be carpet fiber popped out. I thought what if the customer was watching. How do you play it off?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
CRB-carpet fiber clumps with customer watching???
We just got our first crb
While scrubbing a carpet today a few small clumps of what appeared to be carpet fiber popped out. I thought what if the customer was watching. How do you play it off?
Two things may be happening: The carpet may be still be shedding (if this is the first or second cleaning you’ll get tons of fuzz). Or, your brushes are too stiff and you are tearing fiber loose.

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
Carpet is 4 years old and the homeowner wasn't there. The girlfriend doesn't know if it's ever been cleaned.
We were using blue brushes
Maybe do the break in process again just to be sure???

Mikey P

Administrator
Carpet is 4 years old and the homeowner wasn't there. The girlfriend doesn't know if it's ever been cleaned.
We were using blue brushes
Maybe do the break in process again just to be sure???
I just assumed you were talking about leftover clump from a prior job if it's their junk you should be proud to show him what you're digging out

Braden bell

Name
Braden bell
It did seem more like fibers rolled into a ball, not whole Tufts yanked out.
I think I will break in the brushes in again just to make sure. I broke them in for 7 or 8 minutes before using it
Thanks

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All crb's spew chunks when the brushes get full. Have a small vacuum handy to pick it up. I use a little $69 wet/dry vac from home Depot.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
not to worry. Happens on almost every job. If you dont want them to see it, just use the renovators. I happen to prefer not to so they can see all the stuff that is actually in the carpet that they cant get out.

As a sidenote, I just cleaned our home and I prevaced the heck out of it, still had clumps all over the place AND filled my Devastator filter.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Are the grey residential brushes really needed? I break the blue brushes in on commercial first before I use on residential. But always wonder if I should order the grey brushes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom