CRB for scrubbing wood floors

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Thank you. I am thinking about adding this service to our Arsenal.
I have not taken the hard surface classes yet but I plan to as soon as they come to town.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
I think a CRB would do a better job of dry cleaning factory finished wood floors that trap soil between the boards. The brushes would reach down and loosen soil if you run it parallel to flooring and then vacuum up dry soil.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mikey P

Administrator
The brushes would reach down and loosen soil if you run it parallel to flooring and then vacuum up dry soil.

No reason you couldn't use both machines. I've cleaned real nasty gooey restaurant wood floors with both.

175 wins hands down...

Weight is king.

Just like on Commercial Glue Down carpet, the CRB fails due to lack of weight.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think a CRB would do a better job of dry cleaning factory finished wood floors that trap soil between the boards. The brushes would reach down and loosen soil if you run it parallel to flooring and then vacuum up dry soil.

Precisely. With a decent neutral cleaner, weight isn't an issue. Using Senor Rolley (the DP420 Hydrowasher), we scrub and recover without any saturation. The slops resemble dark gray paint.

A followup microfiber mop finishes it off.

When I use the good old 175, it is harder to get the dips and avoid snagging splinters. Not knocking it, but not my first choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom