Crease on domestic poly back

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I have a domestic poly back rug with a crease. I haven't had much luck when blocking and wetting them out. Has anyone tried latexing the crease when the rug is stretched? Or, do you have any other successful methods

Mikey P

Administrator
We did that with our giant UCSF rug..

Worked great.

Have you tried using a steamer to loosen up the glue and weighing it down?

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Getting the rug in today. We did try a steamer on-location. I don't believe the guys weighted it. What was your procedure?

Ron K

You have to have and use great deal of touch and feel but sometime the above methods with a little persuasion from a knee kicker on the back can help too. Sometimes, just pushing and pulling with the teeth/gripper attached, by hand is enough especially if the area is relaxed. Used this method for rugs that get creases in tumbler.

Reactions: Joe Appleby

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Get a nice Hot sunny day and stick it out in the sun for a little while to help soften the backing.. But if you block it and then apply a better latex, that should help solve the crease issue.

Reactions: Joe Appleby

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Depends on the crease.

If the crease occurs due to a break in the latex or primary/secondary delamination, block flat and rub some latex in while under tension.

If no latex fault, you can temporarily soften latex with a solvent (sewing softener) and put some tension on it until the solvent has flashed off. Sometimes just giving the back a hot massage with a rotary extactor will do the trick.

If the rug has been exposed to a lot of traffic while in this condition, you'll probably never get it to disappear. Sometimes the primary has stretched so much you'll tear the carpet trying to block it out, and difference in abrasion from people skidding their feet over the high spots will make for a permanent "dirt" line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom