Creative Ways to Help out the Community

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
There have been several families in our community who have suffered some tragic losses over the past few months.

2 y/o survived car accident from drunk driver that killed her only parent (mom).
Mom died from cancer after 2 mth diagnosis, 3 yrs earlier their child died from heart condition, and now husband has lost his business while caring for the family.
Child has rare form of cancer. - several of these either going thru it or have died.
ETC, etc, etc.

There are fundraisers coming up for these families and I am going to get involved. I am looking for some creative ways to generate the most money for these families without just writing a check. I would like to promote that our business cares about the community.

Some ideas that I have thought of:

Donating spotter bottles that they can sell and keep all proceeds.
Handing out gift certificates for a donation ($50 GC for $25 donation).
Cleaning car interiors at one of car washes.
Deodorizing cars at the car washes.
Offering to donate 25% - 50% of total invoice from a job that is done within a time limit (2 weeks, 4 weeks)
Donating $50 for every job over $200 (same as above, worded different)

I am looking for some creative ideas of things you have done or have heard other companies doing/done.

Thanks for the help. We really have to be thankful of our situation, because so many others are experiencing hardships that we cannot imagine.

Name
Kevin McCreary
If you have a big enough truck you can offer furniture donation removal with any cleaning job.
It will make people call you, because they want to get rid of that old couch and get the carpet cleaned
before the new one is delivered. Just make sure you state which charity they will be donated to. Collect them
at your shop then tell the charity to come pick them up, or you can drop them off. You get the tax deductible
donation write off for all of the stuff, and your helping out the community at the same time.

G

I like the $50gc for $25 idea,I just did a silent auction for my sons school,where I gave 200$ in services to the highest bidder and the proceeds went to the school.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hey Bryan,

Now that I have personally met you...I know you motives are sincere.

Here are a couple of :idea: 's:

RAFFLE off a whole house cleaning..up to $500.00 (they get ALL PROCEEDS)
Give away spotters for a $2.00 donation. (they get all proceeds)
Offer everyone that buys a spotter a FREE IN HOME EST. if they book...you will donate $20.00
Free customer List for your efforts :wink: :wink:

SET-UP that big A.T. ad "SHOW-OFF your STUFF!!!!!!!

It would't hurt to have someone call BAY NEWS 9..... Might get a nice feature story for your Co.

ps MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY IS ON-SITE with you...

GOD BLESS!!!!

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Most of these are going direct to the families.

We try to offer our services to families like these free of charge. But would like to try and generate some cash for them as well as exposure for our company as being part of the community.

Good ideas so far. I am always trying to generate to business, but I think I need to take a more generous and grateful attitude and give instead of take. Nothing wrong with letting it be known to as many as possible.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Once a year or so we donate the proceeds of 1 truck for 3 days to a certain community group. The Christmas toy drive was the last one. Pick 3 days in advance. When you do the job the customer writes out the check to the charity name and gives it to us. The charity then send them a receipt for their deduction. Raised 2200 last year. Really great PR. We send out cards to advertise it and try to get some print PR too.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom