Credit applications?

Rex Tyus

Does anyone require credit applications for new commercial accounts or do you just rely on a signed work order and hope the company doesn't declare bankruptcy. I never really worried about it before but with things like they are for many industries I am considering this in 09.

What are your opinions? Do you have a form you would like to share?

Thanks.

TimP

Rex did you decide to do that Movie Gallery.....I told you they were in bad financial shape. 8)

Able 1

Name
Keith
TimP said:
Rex did you decide to do that Movie Gallery.....I told you they were in bad financial shape. 8)

I did 3 or 4 of them last year, they are all payed up... 8) Thank god!

On topic: I don't and haven't had a problem...yet!

TimP

Movie gallery called us both but wouldn't offer enough funds to have it done at least for me. He might of been able to do it and do ok cause he can dual wand.

But I wasn't really interested cause I know they are not in good financial shape and I don't care to work that late.

I don't really worry about non payment. Unless it's a huge job and I make them sign something to make sure they know what they are getting into. And if they don't pay I'd just put a lien on the property, don't know what you could do for a business though. So it's a really good question that Rex has brought up on a serious note. Cause most large corporations it's tough to get paid in a timely manor, and I can see how it can be discouraging for many.

Rex Tyus

TimP said:

HELL NO. I don't ever recall working for any one that says "this is what we pay".

I have just had a couple of new commercial accounts request work be billed to "their office", which is out of town. Local business I don't worry about. I am just having reservations about some companies.

Rex Tyus said:
TimP said:

HELL NO. I don't ever recall working for any one that says "this is what we pay".

I have just had a couple of new commercial accounts request work be billed to "their office", which is out of town. Local business I don't worry about. I am just having reservations about some companies.

Dont be scared...does their phone work or are the lights still on?? One job 30 days you will find out..one job wont kill ya...lol

TimP

I've waited 6 months to get payment from corporations. They are very difficuilt to deal with at times. And those who are slow to pay don't get me back wanting to do work for them. And usually they don't call again cause they know that I'll harass them till I get paid. But so far so good, but it is a risk and not much you can do other than turn down jobs if you know that they aren't in good shape. The biggest problem is that they don't pay in house and they have the work subbed to a company who has to sub to you and it's a huge mess and of course they don't tell you that till the job is done usually too.

Farenheit251

Over 15 years I had a handful go bankrupt and not pay. 6-12 months later I recieved a check from the bankruptcy court. They usually have assets just not enough working capital.

I got one prop man company that stiffs me on 10% of the cleans.(owners take back a rental in disrepair and don't pay off bills) I just build $20 into every invoice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom