Credit Card merchants

Buck1955

Name
John
I need to find a new credit card merchant. I fired my present on (Elavon) because they want $150 to replace a bad terminal. I did a search but they were old threads.

Who do you guys use and what % do you pay?

pinosan

Name
Martin
I use square up. no monthly fees you get your little devise that you can swipe the card on your lap top
tablet or i phone get your money paid next day but it's expensive I use it only when i need to get the client to
pay me on the spot I don't encourage it nor promote it. If you use it like every day might as well use a different company.

There is a guy in my BNI group who said he looks into your current expenses and negotiates with the banks better rates for you
and he guarantees the lowest. if you want give me a shout i'll put you in contact with him.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I use both Evalon and square. I like both I pay the same rate on both of them. Just depends on how you do it. Do you key the cards in at the end of each day?

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
Square up.. 2.75%.. Haven't had a problem yet..if you use it a lot you can try to find a better rate, but I am satisfied with this.

pinosan

Name
Martin
I use both Evalon and square. I like both I pay the same rate on both of them. Just depends on how you do it. Do you key the cards in at the end of each day?
I try not to use it much and yes i did keyed the numbers it was over the phone had no choice. It works great for me. But if I were to use it every day at least twice I would definitely look for a better rate.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I need to find a new credit card merchant. I fired my present on (Elavon) because they want $150 to replace a bad terminal. I did a search but they were old threads.

Who do you guys use and what % do you pay?

I fired elavon because of square and its ease. However if you want to keep elavon I have a terminal you can have, Just pay shipping

Buck1955

Name
John
I found Flagship credit. $7.50 a month flat rate and 0.38% on debit, 1.58% on credit. They have a swipe to go on your phone but my phone wont work because of the waterproof plug cover. No terminal, it's all online. If they are like my other providers those rates will probably increase. Elavon was 5%. I add 5% to every credit card to cover that.

Thanks for the input and the free offer Richard.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
John, do they give you an odd look when you tell them it's another 10 bucks in credit card fees on their $200 job? Do you ask before starting work if it's cash or credit? Just wondering how your doing this without creating a negative moment.

I can't stand it when a store asks cash or credit. It means they are going to charge me for using a card. If they pay the fees, don't take cards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom