Critic my commercial also...again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
David Wrote...continuing from last post
4)I watched it again and the lady says "my carpet are done they are immaculate, toxic free[sic]" and then you follow up with "we don't leave any toxicity behind", it sounds like shes regurgitating something you told her to say.
That's me following up on her comment...I liked that part

5)A good commercial includes a call to action. If its not your style to say, "Call us within the next 5 minutes and receive a bottle of spotter absolutely free!" that's fine too. I kind of think that doesn't work as well in carpets as cars. After you've done all that work to evoke some sort of emotional response from a prospect the proper thing to do is some form of a close. Offer something of value if they call and mention the ad. Its like scrubbing prespray, its just the right thing to do.
It's not a sales commercial. It's informational with a testimonial. The website where they will see it has the call to action and all that. This is not something I had planned on runnng in ads. .Like Ken said...too long and other aspects.

The concept of the commercial is fine if it works for your clientele. I've never had a bad reiview or comment about it...it's been well over a year. Customers have been saying "the website with the video" when Full Circle ask how they heard about us. (Have I mentioned that FC is more than just an answering service?) Doesn't make sense when the customer says that but my sources on SM say they have.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
David wrote once again....(I hate the format only giving me so mucy area to type and then making the screen hop around.)
The concept of the commercial is fine if it works for your clientele. Thanks...I think. :lol:

What the commercial says to me, personally is "we know how to clean carpets and we are nice people". Cool

If it were me, I would add Cones, Dropcloths, Airmovers, an RX-20, whatever, to say that I REALLY know how to clean carpets. I'm not sure that really says that...maybe to you or I...but not to our customers.

Oh and I always wear slacks and tuck my shirt in. Noted

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I think it is Ok for a website.

Maybe you can edit in more of the services you offer.

If you are going to re-do it this is how you can impress clients.

Some shoe covers, walk off mats,corner guards, sliders, pads on furniture,uniforms with lots of US flags and patches, giving out a dog snack to a dog, microscope looking at spots,toy to the child,knee pads,UV lighting pet spots, loaded utility belt ,Tech giving massage to client in down time, rose to the client (cigarette to tech after the massage) and some spray-on hair for the guy in the suit.

The stuff you normally do.

Actually. I'm just impressed that the wand is clean. I don't know how many videos I have seen where they have a dirty hairy wand coming at you.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave Yoakum said:
I think it is Ok for a website.

Maybe you can edit in more of the services you offer.

If you are going to re-do it this is how you can impress clients.

Some shoe covers, walk off mats,corner guards, sliders, pads on furniture,uniforms with lots of US flags and patches, giving out a dog snack to a dog, microscope looking at spots,toy to the child,knee pads,UV lighting pet spots, loaded utility belt ,Tech giving massage to client in down time, rose to the client (cigarette to tech after the massage) and some spray-on hair for the guy in the suit.

The stuff you normally do.

Actually. I'm just impressed that the wand is clean. I don't know how many videos I have seen where they have a dirty hairy wand coming at you.

:shock:
You had me at "giving out a dog snack"
I need to just shave the head.

R

rotovacguy

tmdry said:
Opening title - with your company logo to the right.

Loose the jeans, tennis shoes, shirts, blue tooth earpiece. I'd go with either dark or light color dockers, white or black no stripes shoes. Tech's should be matching. Shoe covers leave a lasting impression, and you can leave some behind. Some homes people will make you clean in your socks if you wear your shoes in the home.

Edit the part where kid hops over the vac hoses, doesn't look safe.

The final 10 seconds seems a bit long.

Just shortened a little.

Overall looks good.

Do you speak from experience, Bill? If so, that's pretty pathetic if you'd comply with that.

I keep a bunch of booties handy ONLY for the times I might have to walk on CLEAN carpet. Ever take a look at the bottoms of your shoes after you prespray? Hard to get any cleaner than that.

I have to say, I don't recall ever having a custy tell me to put booties on. After all, they have me there to clean their carpets because it is ALREADY DIRTY!! I never saw the point of wearing booties on dirty carpet. That's like taking a rusted out POS vehicle to the car wash...pretty pointless, imo.

Speaking of safe.... What part of wearing wet booties on hardwood or vinyl floors is safe?? Not too many homes I get into have pure wall to wall carpet, most have a vinyl floor, or hardwood floor right by the carpeted area(s). With those booties on, you're just asking for a spill. No thanks, I'll take my work shoes which are designed to GRIP, not slip. My safety ALWAYS comes before the custy's floor. If I were to make a mess, I'd clean it up, of course. I keep towels and rags on hand for those occasions.

Now, if a custy wants some booties left behind, sure, I'll leave them. But truth be told, I have a 1000 lot box that's about 4 years old, and better than 3/4 full yet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Taking off your shoes is from an old custom in Asia and other areas.
It shows respect. :roll: Edit: Most of which don't even have installed carpet.

I would rather have my stinky ass friends keep their shoes on. Good God!
The bottom of your feet have more sweat glands than any other single part of your body. Not to mention being cooped up in shoes all day. Pretty ripe.

Booties are for Pre-inpsections maybe and for walking on clean carpet like said above.

I would never wear booties while cleaning...they would be tore up by the end of the job anyway.

It's a good Idea to have them as a tool when needed...but no need to overkill.

This has been a moment with Brian

Brian, You must have over looked my question.

Brian are you a broker for carpet cleaning? You get a percentage of the job and sub it out to companies?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
Brian are you a broker for carpet cleaning? You get a percentage of the job and sub it out to companies?

Went back and looked...it was over looked.

Broker? Not really.
I get the jobs, schedule the jobs, collect on the jobs and pay the subs...which just happen to be companies.

Brian Robison said:
[quote="Mountain View Carpet Care":4ahne184]Brian are you a broker for carpet cleaning? You get a percentage of the job and sub it out to companies?

Went back and looked...it was over looked.

Broker? Not really.
I get the jobs, schedule the jobs, collect on the jobs and pay the subs...which just happen to be companies.[/quote:4ahne184]

The picture is getting clearer now. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom