Critic needed... New web site in the makings.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Looks cool!

Whenever I try to do anything like rollover images or dropdowns IE blocks it as a security risk. Why is this?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Okay, IE sucks.

My question is why with the same setting do I not get the warning when looking at other sites with the same type of content? Does it have anything to do with a security certificate? Sucky or not most people use IE. I don‘t want them getting security warning when they go to my site.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think it looks really good.

If you made all your fonts and pics a little smaller it might fit better on the page and would look so overwhelming.

A bunch of ladys in my "focus" group said they didn't like the black background.

If your target audience is women then I would lighten it up a bit.

Yes, your name could stand out a bit more...the shadowing on it looks fake.

Just some tweaks and I think you have it.

Now, can people find it?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Send it to a bunch of ladys that you know and get there opinion.

Fred had me do that and I redid my whole site because of it.

Been getting compliments and jobs because of it.

The Wizard

Looks amazing !!!

It's the copy throughout the site, that will set you apart from others !

The Wizard.

Name
I'm Rick James
If you want a real website that can generate big leads you should contact one of the up and coming industry leaders/guru Robert L. Allen III. His designs are groundbreaking, his knowledg is unmatched. He learned from one of the most successful industry giants of his time. If you dont know him now, you will. Hopefully he will buy a banner up top to help get his name out there.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Remember that the top of the page on a website is very valuable real estate.

Many potential clients will click through with out scrolling.

Most viewers will just do a fast scan and pick out relevant ways to solve their problem in 1 second or less before they click on.

Remember, The most important reason to have a website is to get business.
Your call to action is should be #1 priority. Almost nothing else matters much.

If viewer are not calling, E mailing or reserving apointment on-line your website is worthless.

Therefore your call to action "Call Me" needs to stand out more that the rest of your page.

You mountain pic may be pretty to you. But, it is meaningless to others and won't bring in work. Don't make it your focus.

You guarantee which is buried at the bottom in more important.
Bring it to the top.

As a test. Quick scan your site with out scrolling and see if the points you want to make are standing out and moving the viewer to a sale.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yourself included

girlanddog.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On the new one...I still think everything is too big.

I would tone it down a notch.

You can't even see the whole first pic without scrolling

In comparison to your old one...I would try to keep colors similar to the old colors....maybe classy them up a bit but I think the black will turn home owners off.

the new one looks classy but too much like a showroom for high end furniture I think.

Again, I think the black doesn't work for who you are selling too.

The Wizard

I have heard of people copying other people's websites, layout and their content, word for word, if you can believe that.

Glad your not one of these guys !

The Wizard.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
The color are close but everything else is different. Most carpet cleaner have the same run of the mill sites. Babies on carpet, moms on carpet, dogs looking sad after a accident. Then you have the guys modeling in front of there vans like it's a trophy buck. :)

OK, if you say so. I’m telling right now If you switch to all black Gestapo uniform w/ knee pads I’ll call for intervention.

rhyde said:
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
The color are close but everything else is different. Most carpet cleaner have the same run of the mill sites. Babies on carpet, moms on carpet, dogs looking sad after a accident. Then you have the guys modeling in front of there vans like it's a trophy buck. :)

OK, if you say so. I’m telling right now If you switch to all black Gestapo uniform w/ knee pads I’ll call for intervention.

You left out the tool belt and black gloves. :)

A

Axeman

Good job!

I would put the text on the banner somewhere where it can be seen easier or a contrast colour and it's sort of your USP so you really need to see it. Fluffiest or it's free :lol:

Opt in box with a bribe and build a list. :D

And don't guess, test.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom