Critical Mass

dgargan

" Ahh the growing myth of easy commercial that so many hope will fill their dreams..."

I agree Lee. With all due respect to Steve I have trying to hit that market for years. Even using all the ammo from SFS and other marketing avenues selling monthly carpet cleaning is a pipe dream. It's like pulling teeth If you can get 2-3 cleanings out of a commercial client per year.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
dgargan said:
" Ahh the growing myth of easy commercial that so many hope will fill their dreams..."

I agree Lee. With all due respect to Steve I have trying to hit that market for years. Even using all the ammo from SFS and other marketing avenues selling monthly carpet cleaning is a pipe dream. It's like pulling teeth If you can get 2-3 cleanings out of a commercial client per year.

I have been out of the "loop" for a bit, I was cleaning daily before the economy really tanked and it was much easier to sell those "contracts". Really where it worked was the simple incentive of them saving money having it cleaned more often, but I found there are complications in the billing. Many don't want to pay monthly, because they have nothing to show for the money spent(yet) in their budget. Also there were a few companies that would take the money and run, and it hit national news.

If you can get a few it'll at least help in your endeavor, but if you have credit you'll want to take advantage of that to help with expending.

Mike have you considered raising your prices to help your bottom line?

F

FB7777

Lee Stockwell said:
Ahh the growing myth of easy commercial that so many hope will fill their dreams...

X3

And don't forget the mythical experience from guys that aren't even running or working for cleaning operations anymore

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Fred Boyle said:
[quote="Lee Stockwell":s49ons0n]Ahh the growing myth of easy commercial that so many hope will fill their dreams...

X3

And don't forget the mythical experience from guys that aren't even running or working for cleaning operations anymore[/quote:s49ons0n]

Yes I am. LIKE!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
dgargan said:

While I agree that monthly is rare we have a few and a couple years ago secured one that started as about every 6-8 weeks and has moved up to once a month at about 4k per. It can be done- but most will be from 3-4 times a year to once every 12-18 months, plus some intermediate touch ups in entryways etc.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the accounts that have us cleaning every few months somewhere in their facility. We already have a handful them that create a good deal of work for us, we just need to get out there and ask for more.

We have the experience, equipment and workforce to knock out some serious sq/ft when needed. But if we don't ask for it, it's less likely they will call us.

It's not easy to cold call, lots of rejection but it is a cycle, you could be hitting them at the wrong time. It takes a lot of effort and salesmen fortitude, you have to learn not to take rejection personal.

Don't burn bridges, situations change, personnel changes and the next time you visit you could be in the door.

Be persistant without being a pain, you're selling something they need, they just don't know it...or care at the moment. It's a cycle. good lord Vawter, just die already.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What about setting the goals and working towards them step by step?

No need to go all out financially.

If you are clear about and know exactly what clientele you are trying to reach just push harder towards that goal.
Expand your market, build your name and add one van at a time, one more tech till you build it up. It ain't all or nothing game.

If you find out that you don't like a bigger operation, keep the cream of the crop, move on and enjoy.
You like it. Expand.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Fred Boyle said:
You're what?

In the game ?

or just another educated fan

Both, Fred, but what does that matter? The point is to help the guy out with different ideas to help reach his goals. Gaining a few commercial clients may help.

What all can the guy do? Cut expenses, buy product in bulk, sell more additional services, diversify to new services, expand his service area, go after some apartments, raising his prices a touch could help but reaching his goals without the need for additional equipment.

What else? Serious question.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom