Critique my doorhanger.

Ryan

Well the front of it anyways.

viewer.png

Ryan

Coupons on the back with price points. Mikey I'm getting 5000 for $338 full color gloss front and back, shoot I thought it would be worth a try.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
You've got fractions of a second to get mom's attention. And, not much more to keep her interest. Why not start with a headline? Something mom can relate to?

If the headline gets her attention keep her reading with the benfits of using you. She's probably seen 10 carpet cleaning ads in the past couple of days. She's gonna have questions, maybe an unlpleasent experience in the past. Tell her about some of the benefits of using you.

Just MHO, pics with eye contact are more compelling.

She's probably not going to be able to appreciate what the "green" logos mean. At this point you're trying to get her to read the thing. I'd put them on the back and explain what it means for her.

Rather than making your logo and number a focal point, I'd move it to the bottom. Use the the areas people look at first for your message.

Willy Walt? I'd be curious to hear how you like them.

For what it's worth,

rhinodh.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like Waynes better.
Good to take the van out of the hanger.

I just can't get over the name of the company. no offense but I really don't like the name.
What's the story behind it?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
First off I think door hangers are an inexpensive way of marketing to a neighborhood you already work in. Mikey is correct that handing it out is more effective. Downside to that is more women are now working than men. So how are you going to hand it to them?

As far as I am concerned few people create marketing as well as Wayne and his wife.

We missed you at MF Wayne.

Bill Yeadon
http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve in Omaha said:
burglars love em'

Who was saying that as they are putting the hanger on the door they check to see if it is unlocked?

I'm with Bill...Wayne's world does a great job on marketing products.

If you are going to do door hangers. Pay the kids with pizza and video games to load up in a van and hit the neighborhoods. They will have a great time, make lots of noise and the home owner will feel safer knowing there are kids invovled.

Tell them to scream "RHINO CLEANING IS THE BEST!!" Or whatever, each time they do a door hanger.
Hell, you could almost have them ring the doorbell.

Hangers are only to be done on the weekends and half ass holidays.

Have the kids put their name on each hanger with a note saying, "I get a Prize (whatever) each time my hanger is used to have a cleaning done"...work out the verbage.

Good luck.

By the way, the hanger is good enough to use...at least it doesn't look like a 4 year old did it.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I missed being there, Bill. It's been a long time since I've been to a Fest. Looks like everyone had a great time as usual.

Most of the time we go with a 4X6 postcard for a flyer. They're a convenient size, easy to stick in most doors and about as economical it gets. Door hangers don't always stay put. Although I did find a neat door hanger. It comes with either a reusable adhesive strip--if they like it they can put it on the fridge, the wall, wherever. Or, with a rubber ring you can snap over a door knob. Pretty cool but a little pricier.

dgargan

Ryan it says on your flyer you are green seal certified. What is the process for that?

David

charles

I use doorhangers for the 5 around only.

They say "Your Neighbor Just Chose Us To Fulfill Their Cleaning Needs!"

Here's Why... (our message)

We Provide... (our services)

Call us today for a free estimate on your cleaning needs.

It has my business card on the back that pops right off.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Steve in Omaha said:
burglars love em'

Believe it or not, Steve, a San Fransisco carpet just wrote me with exactly the same worry.

http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/?s= ... 4&y=11&=Go

It is a valid concern.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForsuccess.com

PS I always hate to admit that I agree with Mikey but especially if you are an owner-operator just knock on their door and hand them the door hangar. You will be amazed at how many say, "While you are here ..." Of course, for this idea to work you need to not look/act/smell like a serial rapist.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Ivan said:
You will be amazed at how many say, "While you are here ...

You are kidding, right?

Nope, not kidding, Ivan. I used to do it very successfully. The home owner would say, "While you are here could you just look at the carpets?" I would slip on my shoe covers and 5-10 minutes later walk out of the house with a 300.00 job booked. (What worked really well is my helper was putting everything up while this was going on.)

This didn't happen every day but it did beat sitting around at the office waiting for the phone to ring.

BTW, when are you coming to SFS again to help that slacker Yeadon with his marketing day? My son Matt is coming up with me to Roselle in two weeks. Whadya think?

Island Boy (not too proud to beg)
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Of course, Ivan, I wasn't a rich and successful mid-Missouri restoration company owner. If I had been I would not have had to creep around pleading for work from the neighbors! :)

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Steve,

Unfortunatley, for me I guess, I was not quick enough in editing, or better yet in deleting my reply. It probably read differently than it was intended.

I was busy preparing dinner for my family. I'm fixing a nice surprise for my eldest daughter who turns 17 next week. She finalized her Confirmation today, and this is my little congratulations surprise.

I am planning on visiting SFS next month in Roselle and look forward to meeting Matt, the real genius behind the SFS website.

Ivan

p.s. I felt the little jab all the way up here ~ clear into Missouri :).

The truth is, whether you are a retired millionare from the Beautiful state of Colorado, or a active restorer from the great state of Missouri there are far more effective ways to market than knocking on strangers doors, IMHO.

p.p.s. I don't think either of us actually responded to the question asked; I thought your flyer looked pretty good. But, after viewing Waynes I realize that it could probably be improved. I would have Wayne make me up one of I were ever to do flyers as he does awesome work.

Wayne I missed seeing you in Nashville and hope all is going very well with you and your family.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Hey, Ivan, "reasonable men can agree to disagree". Now on to a much more important topic:

What's for dinner?

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I'm having a nice Cobb salad with home-made balsamic vinegar dressing with a icy cold local lager they call "Presidente" down here. I feel it is one of the world's great beers. Yeadon differs. You may have to be the decision maker. If you don't flame me anymore, Ivan, I'll bring you some Presidente in Roselle.

Now Ivan, what were you saying about the brilliant concept of knocking on the neighbor's doors to hand them a door hanger and just maybe a bottle of "free lifetime spotter"? :)

PPS What, you missed Wayne and you didn't miss me in Nashville?

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Ive's soon to be famous "Sheppards Pie" was for dinner, thanks for asking.

I thought the entree choice was appropriate given that today is the Sabbath and Ivana did attend her pre-confirmation ceremony.

"Now Ivan, what were you saying about the brilliant concept of knocking on the neighbor's doors to hand them a door hanger and just maybe a bottle of "free lifetime spotter"?

On this one, I shall pass.

Ivan

Ryan

Thanks for the replys guys! Wayne yours looks great, the two communitys I'm hitting with these are very liberal and one is a college area, I think/hope the Green cleaning thing will be an attention grabber.

Willy Walt? I'd be curious to hear how you like them.

This will be the third time I've used them, they did a good job with fast turn around the first two times. I like their prices but they will spam the hell out of your e-mail!

I just can't get over the name of the company. no offense but I really don't like the name.
What's the story behind it?

Nick name I just added the clean too it. People either love it or hate it, but no one forgets it.... I hope :? lol

Of course, for this idea to work you need to not look/act/smell like a serial rapist.

Well its a good thing I only have one rape under my belt so far!

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Nothing wrong with a green approach, you just don't have a lot of room to work with. If they don't know what the logos mean they'd be just as well on the back where you might have room to explain it better.

Willy Walt seems like a good outfit. Friendly people. Talked to them but haven't used them.

Thanks, Ivan. Hope things are well out your way, too. Of course he missed you, Steve. lol

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
& here was I thinking that you used Rhino Guard from Steve Smith. shiteatinggrin

You liked it so much, you named your business after it. :lol:

Ooroo,

!dork!

lance

You have to have more than name, rank, and serial number.

Do they have a cleaner already? Do they want low price or good results? Are they afraid to get their carpets cleaned because of the horror stories from friends?

If they really want to have clean carpet, find out some answers......you can do that by handing out info and talking to them at the front door. They are looking for someone who does what they say they will do and a cleaner who doesn't take advantage of their lack of knowledge.

Solve a problem and you might have a customer for life. And remember that referrels are worth their weight in gold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom