Curry Odor

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
One of my property managers has some Pakistani tenants moving out and needs to do something about the odor. My idea is to treat the unit with an ozone generator. Will ozone effectively remove curry odor? Has anyone found the golden ticket for this type of odor?

gavin

I know that smell. and it's not just in the carpets.

if the house is empty and it still smells like curry they might have to repaint or wash down the walls, most of your standard odor products will work just fine at getting the smell from the carpets, but the smell can also be on the ceiling and walls.

Airing the place out can help. I'm not sure what your climate is like, but leaving some windows open and getting some airflow in there for a few days could really improve things.

Burtz

spray down with king fisher beer get some fresh Naan and wipe the walls and everything else down

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Treat it like a protein fire job (you know they burned something on the stove other than curry). Scrub everything ceiling, walls, clean carpets and then ozone the structure.
Double O from unsmoke should do the trick.
Luis

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
use Sonozaire ozone machine...run the fans and open all doors and cabinets, not windows obviously ...i had a apt complex by Intel in Folsom which is 50% indian worked great

C

Carola

Vaportek products provide excellent results in safely and effectively eliminating curry and other difficult odors. The Restorator or VaporShark would be recommended, along with thoroughly cleaning the apartment. If you'd like specific information about dealing with curry odors, contact us at info@vaportek.com. Thanks for allowing us to share our recommendations.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Bee Busy said:
use Sonozaire ozone machine...run the fans and open all doors and cabinets, not windows obviously ...i had a apt complex by Intel in Folsom which is 50% indian worked great

I hope your right becuse, I just happen to have a Sonozaire. I don't want to spend to much on this scumlord job. how long to you set the timer for on the machine?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Cleaning every surface that could be exposed to the odor is the first and key step. This includes carpets, walls, ceilings and any furnishings in the apartment. Don't forget air filters should also be changed.

After the cleaning, I have found the Vaportek 3X industrial cartridge to work very well. It has the advantage over ozone in performance plus you won't have to worry about occupied or unoccupied, potential harm to anything in the apartment that might be caused by ozone.

Place a cartridge near the air return and keep the fan on. This will help diffuse the vapor throughout the apartment. Run over night and then air out the place.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
ACE said:
Bee Busy said:

I hope your right becuse, I just happen to have a Sonozaire. I don't want to spend to much on this scumlord job. how long to you set the timer for on the machine?
set it to the black square so it constantly runs....do it for 2 days...air out...then clean the carpet...don't clean the carpet before ozone (you probably already know this) because the filter will get water deposits caked into it and slow it down. like Scott said...make sure everything else is cleaned as well...but that's up to the painters and cleaners

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Bee Busy said:
ACE said:
[quote="Bee Busy":3uw2wzvl]use Sonozaire ozone machine...run the fans and open all doors and cabinets, not windows obviously ...i had a apt complex by Intel in Folsom which is 50% indian worked great

set it to the black square so it constantly runs....do it for 2 days...air out...then clean the carpet...don't clean the carpet before ozone (you probably already know this) because the filter will get water deposits caked into it and slow it down. like Scott said...make sure everything else is cleaned as well...but that's up to the painters and cleaners[/quote:3uw2wzvl]

We are the cleaners!!
Luis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom