Curry Odor

TanMan

Supportive Member
Name
Tanner
The machine we sold Vaportek Industrial along with 5 SOS membrane which is used for smoke usually and then 5 Neutral membrane. If you are interested please feel free to give me a call and we will get you set up with one. The number here is 1-650-345-5050 and ask for Tanner.

Last edited:

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
Thanks for the tips for next time guys, but I've got to do this one tomorrow with what I have on hand. I still haven't found any info on how long to ulv fog with xcide smoke, or how long to leave the 2.75gram ozone machine running.
Thanks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My concern for using either method is control when you have occupied adjoining apartments. The ULV puts out such a fine molecule size it makes you cough (wear a respirator) and should it get to the other tenants it could be an issue. You'd also need to put down enough product to coat the surface of the duct work. Not an easy task, the mist tends to build up in areas and can wetout and stain drywall.

The Ozone gas would be my choice pushing it with a low volume air mover through the system. I'd have some concern about the adjoining apts still. I wouldn't want them complaining about the smell of Ozone. How long, I'd try several short treatments over one long extended one. Maybe a couple of hours at a time exhausting it out in exchange for fresh air.

Keep it on an extension cord or on a timer, breathing the gas isn't any better for you either.

Be sure to tell the occupants to notify you at the first wiff of gas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Use the ULV, ozone doesn't penetrate well. Ozone takes time and needs to be pressurized.

I'd fog for 5-minutes, wear a respirator. The micron size is small enough to set off smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, cover or remove the batteries.

Those particles will remain suspended for hours, come back later and air the place out before allowing it to be occupied.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
If you can ventilate I think fogging is the best solution. Smaller particles permeate the materials. Pro Restore has the Thermo line that will neutralize odors even Curry and they have Tabac Attack that does wonders on cigarette smoke odors.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom