Custom Boxes

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Right now I am putting together my new setup and wanting to get some feedback as to the boxtruck dimensions that are used typically on the vortex trucks etc.

For those of you who have a NPR or similar, did you have the box custom built? If so , how much did you spend to have that done?

I was told around $7,000 to have a custom box built to my needs but not sure if that is high or low.

Thanks for any feedback.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I spent $7,000.00 on the last three and that's been several years back.

This one being built is quoted at $10,000.00 and we have yet too add some shelving translucent roof and lights. I think they went up quite a bit or it's just the new vendor.

You're the one in control on a custom box, what features do you "have to have" what can you add later.

If I were an owner Op I would spend the money and get it how you want it even if it costs a little more. You spend a lot of time in the truck it might as well be what you want.

If I'm going to send tech's out in it then I would probably spend less. Nice but not extravagant, they won't appreciate the extra expense so make it functional but that's all.

For WDR it costs just to be functional and while it's an expense I hate to pay for in the end it's well worth every penny.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Thanks Richard, I just wanted to make sure that the prices I'm looking at are within range of what is typically seen. Thanks for your feedback.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
6 ft 2 inside, fiberglass body with a translucent top , roll-up on 3 sides with diamond plate 10k
don't waste money on the diamond plate it looked terrible within a few weeks. i ended up pulling everything back out and spraying in a liner. the next time i will probably spray it with white instead of black.

gene

Mike Draper

Aero tech will make yu a custom box. Prolly around 10-12 is what they quoted me. Anolther place quoted me 10g for a plane jane box as well.

Mike Draper

If I were u id make it a bit taller so you can stand up in it. Much easier to get in and out and do maintanence in turn it will lead to better productivity imo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom