custom design pto setups

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
I dont know how popular these are i have been using one for the last 2 years, but id say they are must be the best value truck mount option. Basically it has a smallish power take off unit along the driveshaft of the van (2l toyota hiace van) and a twin belt up through the floor just behind the seats. Then an electric clutch engages the main cleaning shaft which drives the water and vaccum pumps. Then a copper heat exchanger transfers heat from a return tube from the vans radiator. Dont know the actual heat but it does mantain a very hot temp.

it could do with an adjustable thermostat release valve for non colorfast rugs/upholstery although it is easy enuf to lower idle speed or i have a shut of valve on the exchanger which i turn of for extended driving.

Interestingly it has a heavy duty milkers vaccum with upgraded seals does as good as any slide in iv seen.

altho it doesnt have chemical injection ability i can pour that in the fresh water resivour but it dilutes quikly as you go with th fresh water toping up. it would be worth adding an injecter

does any have opinions on this set up ?

pete

Mikey P

Administrator
I doubt if many of us ugly americans have even seen what your talking about Peter.

Any chance you know how to post pictures?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
U.S. manufacturers set up their units that way in the early PTO days. It's a good. solid way to transfer power, but the manufacturers that switched to the less expensive and easier to install electric clutch drive are still in business.

GRHeacock

Sounds good, Peter.

To add an injection for chemical feed, you would need a Dema valve and a flow meter.

This goes between the fresh water intake to the pump on the low pressure side, and works on a siphon principal. It will siphon the chemical from the chemical feed jug.

You control the amount siphoned by the flow meter, which has a knob to turn for none, and more or less.

I have no idea where you would get one in Dunedin, perhaps check with a company that does hydraulic sales and installation things.

Most USA, and I assume Aussie cleaner's suppliers carry these.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom