Custom Label Spotter Bottles

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Anybody know of a place I can get the bottles made for me with a label on them?

None of the customizeable bottles give you enough room. Granted Spot Out and Home Pro have good price points, so I was going to partially re-label them. Thinking of what a pain in the butt it would be to apply the stickers just so they covered up the front, but none of the back I decided not.

I figured out I can put juice in the bottles for 7 cents an ounce... or less.

Where can I get bottles made with a label on them to put the juice in? I want 8 ouncers. Ideally what I am looking for is a cost of $1.30 per empty bottle for either an 8 or a 12 ounce bottle.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Also: What is a good contraption for filling bottles?

I know interlink had something that screwed into a gallon jug, and had a measuring cup on top of it. You set the plunger to however many ounces you wanted to measure, you squeezed the gallon jug, and it let that much liquid into the cup. One of those with a funnel is about the best idea I have

Anybody found a better system for filling 8 or 12 oz bottles without waste?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What's the total price per on the 16 ounce bottles with product?

Able 1

Name
Keith
:mrgreen: Not sure with Jims but Al dose his for $1.50 per bottle and that includes the shipping of the empty bottle.

DavidVB

I get my bottles from Cleveland Bottle. I designed my own label and had them printed by Lightning Labels. I have to apply the labels but the high gloss 4 color label looks so much better. Baby Blue here also. Total cost per 16 ou bottle is around 1.20.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I use Poof... Costs about $1.20 & all I have to do is call & tell Steve I need another case. Easy.

You could use a kerosene hand pump to pump from gallon jugs to the smaller spotter bottles...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Warren Wallace said:
jon-don does a great job and they do all the design work.

Not enough room on the 8oz spot out unless I want to slap another label on it. Too much money to be a giveaway on the 16oz spot out.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Gary have you checked to see if they will work with you on that? They are usually pretty good about designing around your needs, afterall they know the customer is always right..unless the customer is wrong.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Gar, one of the problems I face is the cost of getting stuff into the country.

I was looking at $5-7 for pre packaged stuff.

I found a bottle supplier and bought like 3 boxes (total 450 bottles and spray triggers) for something like $165 each. I use a thermal labeler (only black and grey scale but last the best so far) and we fill our own.

At that process, I'm about 2.30 for a 500ml spotter with trigger. Approx 1 ouce equals 30mls. so that would be about 16 oz???

You say 16 ouce is too dear to give away. I found that the main cost difference between 8oz with flip top and 16oz with trigger top was the cost of the product to fill it.

I have a 20litre bottle made up all the time and my receptionist fills them up from there when we get low. It just has a simple tap on the side that fits neatly inside the neck of the bottle. No wastage.

John

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you're serious about making your own, you'll have to buy in quantity to get good pricing. US Plastics and a lot of other companies make the bottles, which you can have sent to a screen printer, or you could contract with a printer that supplies the bottles. Do a search on thomasnet.com for bottle screen printing.

The fastest/cheapest way to fill the bottles is to fill a coke crate (the open grid bottom and low sides are perfect) with empties and put your drum of product on drum rack. A simple 1/4 twist valve that screws into the small bung with a 3/8 inch hose is all you need from there. Turn on the valve and move the hose from bottle to bottle as they fill. Put tops on tight and rinse the bottles in the crate. Make some room to store some and do this when you're slow, otherwise you'll never have any to give out when you're busy.

Oh yeah, make sure you're insured to be a chemical supplier and have an MSDS available to give out. If you add up your costs correctly you may find you're not really saving very much over the available program spotters, just getting exactly what you want and using otherwise down time somewhat productively.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Bryan, you make a good point with the legal and insurae coverage, MSDS etc.

Thankfully, New Zealand is WAY behind the US when it comes to that crap.

I called my broker and had cover included in my current policies without additional premiums and then I also called the New Zealand Poisions information centre, got my product listed with them and then placed the appropriate information on the front of the bottle.

In fact, costs were minimal and it really was only a few phone calls and a couple of hours for my receptionist.

I honestly think, if I was in the likes of the US, I'd go with a pre packaged unit but for sheer savings, I won't do it here.

John.

TimP

From those who have tried spot out, home pro, and poof. Which one is the best?

I'm seriously thinking of ordering some. I'm not intersted in bottleing my own stuff, I'm a carpet cleaner.

TimP

I'm leaning that way, spot out. To be honest home pro is actually not on my list of what I want to buy. I've tried it and it was lacking.

So poof and spot out are the real candidates. And I think the price advantage goes to spot out because you can get free shipping.

But I'd like to hear from actual users of both or all three.

Tony Dees

Sorry, but there is no free shipping unless you order over $300 worth or total with other items and still it has to qualify.

Make sure, but I know that I have always paid shipping, even when we used the 8 ozers

Tony Dees

TimP

Tony Dees said:
Sorry, but there is no free shipping unless you order over $300 worth or total with other items and still it has to qualify.

Make sure, but I know that I have always paid shipping, even when we used the 8 ozers

Tony Dees

I'm aware of the requirements for free shipping.

Tony Dees

don't shoot the messenger...just trying to help

I've also tried to find a way to do bottles in house, then settled on jon don.

My clients love it, but when I switched to the 16's the numbers doubled, almost trimpled

If anyone knows of a better way, more economical, let me know

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
regardless what type or who's spotter you decide to give out...do yourself a favor and just make sure it is in a spray bottle....the clients first thought is to flip the top and turn the bottle upside down and squeeze for all it is worth...causing a bigger problem..and that will be your fault.... " Your spotter didn't work it just made it worse "....We started using the spray bottles and this went away......

IMG_3500.jpg

BTW...........Baby Blue is the absolute best spotter for a client..............sometimes I have trouble keeping it in stock........

It also works great on UPH........Get a hold of John Olson for the best price...........

DavidVB

I got the same bottle as Jim Martin only I ordered solid white. You order the flip tops separate. You can also get spray heads pretty cheap. The solid white bottle with a 4 color high gloss label and a spray head makes a really nice impression.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
From what I understand you can bottle Avenge from Bridgepoint and use their label template for the back of the bottle and you don't become a chemical manufacturer because you used their label that they required you to use and only transferred product from one bottle to another. Problem is, avenge is 13cents/ounce.

Mix it 50/50 with water and it tones it down a bit so customers don't use too much, and it cuts the price in half. Still expensive juice at 7 cents an ounce I think.

What's your liability Jim? You are just taking baby blue from a big container and putting it in a littler container right? You have the warning label on the back with a reference on where to get the MSDS right? How does that make you manufacturer?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Slap this baby on the bottle and you will be all good, maybe???
mryucksticker.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom