Customer calls @ 10:30 pm Christmas Eve!

Al

With a FLOOD!.........

She wanted us to wait till today to do it............ :shock:

Merry Christmas! 8)

Al

Yup, went back to the couch.......first I called Kyle and Shawn to make them think we had to go right then at 11pm.
That was kinda fun!!!

8)

Al

I was going to go last night but didn't know what to do if I ran into Santa?

Al

I have to go @ noon time today, I can charge the after hour/ Holiday charge but not double :)

My wife just found out and isn't as happy as me!

she said, "It's a family day" I invited her to keep me company :)

It's close to home, I'll suck up the water install my little blue employee's and be home before they miss me 8)

I was expecting floods today anyway, it rained on top of all the snow, I heard the local Block Buster is wet...maybe I can get that too :twisted:

Al

COOL!

We are just heading out now, I'll make sure to charge enough.

Thanks for the tip.... lol

G

I have a $500 service charge on Christmas plus the price of the work!
so I'm always happy to go out! <~~>

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Doesn't work with WDR but for a lot of my calls, they are simply red wine or food spills. If I can at all, I'll offer free self help advice. If they can't do it, then they call me out and know what they will be charged PRIOR to them committing.

Or I'll advise if it's likely to worsen if it stays till a working day or not.

John

The Preacher

i just finished one. 2br apt completely flooded, running out the front door, busted supply line to the toilet, ran for 2 days, only 1 wall has water wicked up it and it's in a closet that backs up to the bathroom

it's for a PM i get lots-o-work from, so a $500 bill won't be a big deal! one of the local hacks wanted to get the renters credit card # and charge $150hr + equipment rental of 8 fans and 2 DH's, said not to worry, the land lord has to pay for it, so she told him to call the land lord, smart college girl !!!

i extracted, pulled the carpet (direct glue down) applied biocide, used an open drying system to lower the humidity and told them i'd try to get a TES system on it.

anyone know what the bluebook/exactmate allows for a TES for 1 day in Tallahassee???

Walt

ODIN said:
I think its a shame if you rip some on off on Christmas or any other day

sure if you have to charge extra because of a holiday people understand that but taking some one to the cleaners

think about how this customer is going to view you latter in the future.

If you must make a one time kill then go ahead and kill a golden goose

Ditto that.

Weird thing. Booked a job today - for Saturday. Happy to book the job, just surprised they called.

Al

We ended up with 2 flood jobs and just got back, I charged 250. for the service calls and normal weekend rates after hours. I just glad to get the work.

8)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think you all are blessed for getting any kind of call today! I would have done the jobs half price just to get out of the house!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, both at the normal rate, just happy to get out of the house and my unhappy wife who only got a Greenhorn for Christmas!! :D

I did charge my sister double for having to clean her carpet on Super Bowl Sunday.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Stab that goose!

When ODIN calms down a little bit he gives some of the best advice on this board. His steady stream of sarcasm adds a lot.

If you have to go out on Christmas, make sure they remember your name.... Hum your jingle while you work if you have to. They are going to tell that story for 20 years. If you can get them to remember your name, every time they hear somebody mention Christmas they will plug your company for you.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
worked for a local guy back in 94-95 did all vacant apts 5 days a week 7-10 per day . boss went on vacation to tennessee over x-mas and asked if i would hold down the fort in case there were any 911 flood jobs so my girl and i weresittin around on x-mas eve @ 11.30 p.m. and the pager went off :shock: :shock: so i called the apt manager back and he told me that a water spigot in a closet had froze and six lower level apts had about 2 inches of water thru out only one tenant was home christmas gifts were soaked and the wrappin paper was bleedin color all over peoples shit was soaked i was there till 6 a.m. extracting water and movin furniture blokin an tabbin over 4 hundred gallons removed i now believe in MURPHYS LAW IT CAN AND WILL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom