customer fell today

glenboy

Name
GLEN
WoW customers wife walked rite thru my pre-treated bedroom to her master bath that was all smoooth tile and Thump,i heard her fall and knew she was prego :shock: holy cow i was shittin.Hubby was outside talkin too the handyman.So i called him in and got him involved,The wife was playin it off like it was nothin,Meanwhile I was freakin out inside.wife said she was O.K. so i was too,On with the job.She left and i cleaned and hubby told me he is a insurance sales man :|

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wow....during the pre inspection I always tell the customer to consider all areas wet right now and be very careful wherever you walk.

Helps but it's no problem solver.

Glad to hear she wasn't hurt.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can tell them, you can lay down a sign, you can even leave a towel at the transition but it can still happen.

You're probably best if you explain to them with emphasis on it happens very easily and very quickly.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
it's usually like they are taking big long steps so as to stay off the carpet..THEN one final leap onto the tile floor.......by the time you say something...
they're already in the air....... :lol: :lol:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I had one client fall at the end of a flight of steps on to glazed tile and her knee fell out of the socket.

She was warned. But, I Imagined a big lawsuit and medical bills coming my way.

That was until she said, " this happens all the time". Husband came home to tend to her.

She was in a lot of pain laying on the sofa.

I felt real bad for her.

(If she was a horse she would of been put down.)

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeeeearrrs ago, had a custy "disappear" on me before I could warn her about the pre-treat, I ran back to the van to grab something; look into the dr window, too my horror BOOM! There she goes!

Rushed in to help er up, she assured me she hurt nothing BUTT her pride!!

Later on in the job we were small talking and she mentioned her husband was self-employed too, I asked what he did, "Oh, he's an attorney" :shock:

I asked "So... should I just leave the keys to the van and walk home or...?"

She laughed. Nothing came of it. Thank God.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Had a lady slip at a commercial job i was stripping.....

told them to stay off or THEY WOULD FALL...

couple minutes later....feet in the air and but on the ground....

she was fine and it was funny as hell :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

sam miller

Signs a great Idea! I hand out shoecovers at the start of every job! and make a point to say "No Ice Skating" 3 to 4 times I'm a broken record.

Im about 195lbs err maybe 200 I had a dude coming down some stairs and I said becareful its slippery he was like 250lbs

He went sliding and I grabbed the bannister and locked him up with my other arm totally saved his dumb self from sliding out the front door.

One lady I told her like 4 times its slippery, her credit card was invalid so I called her after I left and she didnt answer so I drove back and Knocked she comes runnng to the door and Bang she slide into the door gets up answers the door shows me her red palms and said I fell!

I says Your credit cards no good and by the way I did mention 4 to 5 times it was like Ice Skating on the hard surfaces and to be careful. she paid and didnt say another word never did her again after that!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dId a little bit at a older neighbors....he had those stupid plastic stair covers... He had beaten cancer and was like late 60s-70s weighed about 150 wet

so right after i tell him about the plastic being slippery.....I ALMOST SLID MY ASS DOWN.....

I bring some stuff in, chat about it...there i go again :x :x :x :x :x this time he was trying to save me :shock: :shock: :shock:

told him i will squish you dont do that....

wellllll a 3rd time :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: damn near did it again, this time leg bent under, all sorts of weird....(did i mention that 5 mths earlier i had an acl injury Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold Ivebeensold )

stupid plastic....

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i hand out the booties, they can make it more slippery Ivebeensold

on a bank job, the employees were moving their chairmats onto the marble lobby floor. one big woman walks over several chairmats which were layered on top of one another and she fell hard. those things are like ice when thy are stacked up. she said she was fine and bounced right back up. glad i didn't put them mats there :!: i always slide them between the wall and a desk or file cabinet :idea:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Derek those are dangerous when stacked.

I've seen employees slip on them here when we clean the office. I try to make sure they stand them up but someone always stacks them flat so they don't curl. :x

I'd rather have a bent floor mat than an injured employee.

Becker

Name
Becker
glenboy said:
i felt bad,as she was smokin hot :oops:

Prego thing do it for you? If she was ugly had you just ignored that she fell? Or went over and kicked her while she was down.
Were you concerned about her well fair because as you say it she was smoking hot. Is this your way to ensure the quaility of the gene pool for future generations?

Kidding aside. It gets your heart racing. No matter all the warning they don't always listen. Glad she is ok. For her and you or your insurance rating.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Rich, we try to never stand chair mats on edge. If you do, they will stay there for a few minutes then they have tendancy to just relax and fall. I have had to repair a $2000 desk and other misc. things over the years from that happening.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Brian, sticking them between a file cabinet and wall is key as you no doubt know. but if only half of it is between there, the other half will fall/curl and can knock things over :-\

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rich, we try to never stand chair mats on edge. If you do, they will stay there for a few minutes then they have tendancy to just relax and fall. I have had to repair a $2000 desk and other misc. things over the years from that happening.
Many years ago we did some work at the Payless shoes corporate headquarters they wanted everything moved, chairs, desks, partitions, and chair mats.

It was a real pain, but good money, we did it for a couple of years working every other weekend.

Started on one end and it took a year to complete the cleaning. We had carts built that looked like teepee's on wheels to hold the chair mats. :mrgreen:

It worked great, we came in on Friday and tagged chairs and chair pads then moved them. Cleaned Saturday AM and came back and replaced the pads and chairs Sunday AM. I was sad to see the sales go but glad I didn't have to go there twice a month anymore.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
we would jus put the chairs all willy nilly in a central spot.....
an' then giggle a little!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The last customer I had fall was DRUNK :shock: .

I would have Demanded she immediately take a breathalyzer test or sign a hold harmless :lol: .

lance

Why not always put towels where ever carpet and tile meet?

You can get six white bath towels for $20.00 at Costco. They also have multi-colored beach towels for about 6 or 7 dollars each.

I use the white ones for shower towels and have washed them every week for the last four years and they are still in good shape. The beach towels are heavy cotton and would probably last at least four or five years. Buy ten of them and it only costs $15.00 a year for extra slip and fall "insurance."

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Lance, that is a good idea. i can still see a chic with high heels taking a fall on it tho.

Richard, that sounds like a nitemare job :shock: i think i would be glad to see it go somewhat amus

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Lance we place towels at all wet entrances but some customers will actually jump over them. I never spray ahead just because of slip and fall problems. the good thing about 2 of use is we almost always catch them before any problems. I have had only 2 falls that i know of in 20 years. neither one sued and both are still customers.

gene

Bob Foster

I clean a lot of older peoples homes and it is a constant tension when they are around no matter how many ways and times I warn them.

lance

You're right Gene. Two guys are better than one.

When I was a helper we would always ask if they had some old towels we could put down, especially at the bottom of stairs. And since I wasn't on the wand very much I was always looking out to see if anyone was around our cleaning areas.

The tech on the wand was very busy cleaning so he didn't notice things as much.

Thanks for reminding me of that. Just another reason to have a helper on board.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
how do you not spray ahead when you are using an Enzyme pretreat, !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha! Gene?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom