Customer management

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Just got off the phone with service monster today. Wow what a lot of info. They currently only have one way sync with google but said they r looking at 2 way. Some of my other concerns where addressed as well. Now to try to play with it on my phone and iPad. I also looked at Razor Sync today. Lots of info there as well, I feel like my head is going to explode and I still wanna demo the customer factor yet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If I had a CSR and a phone that rang alot, I don't think I could use SM to schedule and price while talking over the phone. It may just be my computer, or my internet service, but it takes some time (sometimes) to change screens. I have sat there waiting on it to load, or change screens before and thought to myself that I don't know how the ladies at Full Circle put up with it. And, for instance ... if a customer calls me and wants to schedule a job, I have to first go into their main account to find out where they live and if I have worked for them before. Then I have to go to another screen to find out what they did last time, and then I have to go into ANOTHER screen to find their room sizes and make sure the price I charged them last time is still good for this time.

Way too many screens to have to access ... especially on those days when it's loading slow.

But ... I like it fine for what I am doing now, and will probably keep it ... I just know it's going to be a pita for whoever I hire to answer the phones.

Reactions: jwfoulk12

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
That's what I was noticing as I was playing with it today. I'm gonna play with it for a week or so and see how it goes or how it compares to the competition

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Ok so I've been trying to demo Razor Sync, Service Monster, and the customer factor all at once. While they all have their good points none of them have the simple ease of use that my current desktop software has. I'm sure there is a learning curve to each of them but I can't imagine trying to schedule a new client cleaning on any of them while on the phone with them out in the field. I liked the ease of entering a new client into razor sync but when it comes to creating an invoice or job for them it gets a little more difficult. Service monster also has some cool features but like has been said there's way to many screens to jump around to to input a customer and then schedule a service call. I just recently started trying to use the customer factor. I don't like how there's no service codes that I can have pre set up and I haven't found any simple reports yet, like what are my sales for the month. How much sales tax did I collect and how many non taxable sales did I have for the month.
This is such a decision. Each of these programs has things that I like but yet none of them are really doing what I want them to do.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Ok so I've been trying to demo Razor Sync, Service Monster, and the customer factor all at once. While they all have their good points none of them have the simple ease of use that my current desktop software has. I'm sure there is a learning curve to each of them but I can't imagine trying to schedule a new client cleaning on any of them while on the phone with them out in the field. I liked the ease of entering a new client into razor sync but when it comes to creating an invoice or job for them it gets a little more difficult. Service monster also has some cool features but like has been said there's way to many screens to jump around to to input a customer and then schedule a service call. I just recently started trying to use the customer factor. I don't like how there's no service codes that I can have pre set up and I haven't found any simple reports yet, like what are my sales for the month. How much sales tax did I collect and how many non taxable sales did I have for the month.
This is such a decision. Each of these programs has things that I like but yet none of them are really doing what I want them to do.

Customer factor just released their beta app. It is pretty basic but it does let you schedule new jobs, and change jobs. They will add more features later.
The home screen shows you your month to date sales.

Email him on questions of reports. Im sure they are available if not im sure he will fix it. He has been a pleasure to work with.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Yeah he told me the apple app should be ready in a week or two. I gotta give him a call cause he said 2 way sync with google is available as well which is definitely a step in the right direction. Service monster is also supposed to be releasing 2 way sync with google and I think the tech mode is a pretty cool feature to use in a customers home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom