Customer Referral Program

Crazymcnick

I was thinking of adding a customer referral in my thank you letter stating... if you refer us to any of your friends you will be compensated 20 dollars via check. (NO STRINGS ATTACHED.) Not only this but the person who they referred us 2 will also receive a 5% discount on that days cleaning... all 3 parties win... 169 dollars will come up to about 28 dollars..if it brings in customers I'm fine with it. anyone do something similar?

Thanks
Tom

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Don't do a check. Its an accounting nightmare. Offer a certificate for either $10.00 off cleaning or cash and make it redeemable. For one you will still get all the benefits of a referral program, second the customer has a reason to use you again. Especially if they refer 10 or more friends. Also using the certificates will mean they still have to contact you to redeem either way. Which means you have more contact with your customer's overall. And the best part, there will be people will not take the time to redeem these certificates and that is OK! That means they generated a referral for free.

-JB-

Name
JB
I developed a program where the refree gets a certificate redeemable for cash (returned vai snail mail) or credit off future services valued at 10% of what the referral spent, has worked well for us over the past 20 years!

I'm thinking of marketing it, it works phenomenally!

I've been waiting to use that one.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Referral.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Crazymcnick said:
yeah Jim that looks really good but it doesn't say how much "cash" your getting in return.

because each one is different from job to job...just fill in the amount.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Nicely done Jim!

To the point of sending checks:

Some people like giving small checks out, for the exact reason that small checks sometimes DON'T get cashed.

That's an unfortunate point of view to take, and doesn't speak well to the motives behind the reward program.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
been doing this for a long long time....and I think we have only had 2 people want the cash...I did a job a few weeks ago that by the time I got done adding up all the referrals..I took more then half the price off of there bill.....but the referrals that I got from them made it up easy.....plus the referrals I got from those clients already..............

Crazymcnick

I still like the sending the checks Idea but I can see that as being an accounting nightmare.

if you keep track of all the checks you sent out and were cashed... can you write it off?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Crazymcnick said:
I still like the sending the checks Idea but I can see that as being an accounting nightmare.

if you keep track of all the checks you sent out and were cashed... can you write it off?

yes you can write it off as an business expensive......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom