Customer Runs Out On Invoice?

Name
I'm Rick James
Greg Crowley said:
My best friend is the Police Capt here and he has chased down a bounced check for me and told me anytime someone doesn't pay without cause give him a call. If the work is disputed that could be a different thing. It is too bad we are having a discussion on a completely hypotheicl situation because everyone knows Ben Absurdi is lying

Careful what you say Greg, Ben is in the process of suing me because "I messed with the big dog". And that I am "going to pay his bills for years to come". So I must try and pay his bills on time to avoid anything getting repo'd.

I cant remember where I put my kid gloves at......

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
In most areas the local DA will collect on bounced checks for you. I suppose if the work authorization said payment is due at the time of service you might be able to call the PD for theft of services. I would really prefer to do business with a handshake, but I need to start getting written authorization on each and every job. I am an excellent judge of character but times are tough and good people are not always able to pay their bills. IMO written authorization is gold because I can justify placing a lien and will get paid eventually with interest. I can force a foreclosure with a lien under Kansas law.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
brent said:
Greg Crowley said:
My best friend is the Police Capt here and he has chased down a bounced check for me and told me anytime someone doesn't pay without cause give him a call. If the work is disputed that could be a different thing. It is too bad we are having a discussion on a completely hypotheicl situation because everyone knows Ben Absurdi is lying

Careful what you say Greg, Ben is in the process of suing me because "I messed with the big dog". And that I am "going to pay his bills for years to come". So I must try and pay his bills on time to avoid anything getting repo'd.

It was the B&S comment from your clients called his eh ?

Name
I'm Rick James
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
brent said:
[quote="Greg Crowley":3qy0v95x]My best friend is the Police Capt here and he has chased down a bounced check for me and told me anytime someone doesn't pay without cause give him a call. If the work is disputed that could be a different thing. It is too bad we are having a discussion on a completely hypotheicl situation because everyone knows Ben Absurdi is lying

It was the B&S comment from your clients called his eh ?[/quote:3qy0v95x]

Not sure he didnt tell me. That was the customer telling me his brother tried to pull that. Guess hes gonna have to sue them too. I know little about bens operation, I only know what ive been told by 3 of his previous customers or potential customers.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Greg Crowley said:

Nice Talk Crowley

We believe the captain is your best friend but we are pretty sure he is just like everyone else and he tolerates you.

shiteatinggrin

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Greg Crowley said:
It is called theft of services if he refuses to pay call your local PD not a bunch of broke dick like us. We look to titans of industry like you for advice not for us to give it

We have done that several times, upon the police coming you'll usually get the victim role. All it takes is the custy to say this sentence;

"I was not happy with the quality of work"

It instantly goes from a criminal issue to a civil one.

At least in my state.

I'd check your lien laws, send him a certified letter, let him know how much the price will jump once you file the lien, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts you get paid without even having to file - 95% of the time, that letter gets us a check.

If he wants to do payments, still lien the property, he could renig down the road and after 60 days in my state, you lose the ability to file the lien.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom