Customer was prying in my business too much

John Buxton

I used to get upset when a custy would have a cc coupon laying on her counter with a 9.95 a room special for me to see. I used to address it but not any more. Things just dont get me as upset anymore guess I'm finally growing up at almost 55.

Take note though... I have a good friend that had a SUB hit on a housewife. She sued them both for sexual harassment and won in the 5 figures.

I would never touch a computer or personal item. I assume there is a hidden camera on me at all times.

LeeCory

Shameful

"I also touch everything I can because I make it a priority to move more stuff than the last guy and my customers appreciate that. I get what you are saying and you are right. A cleaner should never use a customers computer, phone, or anything personal. This guy however lost all credibility with me and I decided to knock the job out and never go back."

Happening to see what's on the computer screen as you are going by is one thing, actually touching it is another. And then to hit the back button? You have to be kidding me....

Now you are trying to backpeddle and say you didn't touch his computer.... well I don't believe you.

SHAMEFUL

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Daniel:

Never touch an item not necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you were invited into the home.

Never initiate a conversation unrelated to the purpose for which you were invited into the home. It is the customer's prerogtive to increase the level of familiarity, not yours.

You seem to lack respect for customers' property and privacy and for our intellegence.

Your conduct IS our business because it reflects upon us all.

Carry on.

R

rotovacguy

Erik said:
Easy on the guy, he made a bad mistake. hopefully he learned a lesson. He did'nt rob, rape or kill someone.

I'm with you, Erik, on this one.

Would I do that? Heck no. But I'm not going to ridicule a guy, or call him a pos for doing it. There are far worse things a guy can do. Besides, do any of you really think you have total privacy for what you look at on the web? :lol:

Just chalk it up to experience, Dan, and don't do it again, cause you might get caught in the act, and who knows what might happen then. Cause like goomes said, competition is everywhere. There's a right way and a wrong way to deal with them.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Daniel needed a good lashing, and will be a better man in getting it.
What better place to get it from, than MB?
I consider this post dead. I'm moving on.......

Fred I don't know how this thread took a turn for the worse. Oh well.

By the way. I never touched the customer's computer. The customer wasn't looking at how to start a carpet business. He was prying in my business beyond what a normal customer would. I really could care less. I will say it again. I apologize for trying to spice up a rather dull subject for your entertainment. Let's let bygones be bygones.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
It's no different than the guy nosing through my truck checking out my equipment (normally I would be thrilled but not from someone that openly admits to wanting to be my competitor) while I am cleaning the carpet. I would have walked on the job if I already had not set up. I guess it is the economy.

Sorry, but I must agree- you crossed the line. Defend it if you must for ego sake, but it ranks right up there with checking out what is in their refrigerator! Saying it is like their looking in your truck is a bunch of BS. He paid you to clean his carpets, he trusted you in his home, and was so impressed with you that he thought about getting into the business. He obviously still hired you (regardless of wanting to do carpet cleaning) and you betrayed that trust by nosing through his computer. BAD FORM! Plane and simple. Makes us all look bad.

I read more an discovered you are claiming you lied to us in an attempt at stoping the abuse.
Is the picture that is embedded in the thread of you?

Greg do you really think that I walked into this guys bedroom and right there on the computer screen was "How to start a carpet business." I admit I stetched the truth on this one. Greg I don't run a b and s operation and get all of my customers through referals and definetly would never go through a customers personal items. I run a first class operation. Always have and always will. I was shocked when Fred called me a pos over some made up crap. The story did have some merit. The guy was grilling me about my business. I have been doing this long enough to tell when a customer is curious and trying to gain info. I could care less about this guy. I was just trying to make for some entertainment. Yes the photo is me and I know I look young for my age.

Able 1

Name
Keith
:p :mrgreen: I thought this thread was left to rest @ Goomes...
e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtaBpK7s7ge]

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
bullshit-meter-0.gif

Dammit! Could't help myself.

goomes said:
You have accomplished absolutely nothing with this post, other than making yourself look like a total asshole, if you think otherwise, I strongly recommend increasing your meds.

loser.jpg

There sure are a lot of classy nice upstanding folks on this board these days. I get called a pos and loser over mostly made up shit. I can BS with anyone and take even a hard joke. I am also a laid back easy to get along with guy. Frank why would you call me an asshole and loser when you have never met me and know nothing about me except for some bogus shit in one thread? When you type something that is like saying it to my face. I find this whole ordeal to be funny and good for this board. That is why people come back night after night (this board is really just one big soap opera). Not to learn about presprays but to find out what kind of shit is going to happen next. :D

It's still unbelievable coming from a fooken porty HACK. :mrgreen:

k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzEk]

LeeCory

What is sad is that you are continuing to try and insult our intelligence.

The only thing made up was when you started your backpedaling.

Your mistake initially was thinking that all carpet cleaners are the same and go through peoples personal property.

They don't

Whatever HACK.

Good luck finding a pos used van to pull your portable around. I am just kidding with you Frank.

Lee it never happened. Why would you care anyways? Yea I walk into a customers bedroom and right on the computer screen is "How to start a carpet business."

Keep amusing yourself.

LeeCory

The reason I care is that this is the kind of thing that gives everyone a bad name.

Play it off all you like

LeeCory said:
The reason I care is that this is the kind of thing that gives everyone a bad name.

Play it off all you like

I guess you believe I told the guy to buy a Vortex or the worlds most powerful carpet cleaning machine. Sorry Lee. It was all for your entertainment.

Lee I have been hanging out on this board for over a year and have nothing but respect for most of the people on this board. I actually care what people think about me and I would never insult someone on purpose.

Anyone else have anything negative to say?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
owner.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Daniel,

ENOUGH... You are heading into a BB meltdown....! Let this thread DIE...!

You have "screwed the pooch" you are loosing credability trying to defend your mistake.
You wrote a thread that was NOT truthful..! You are just digging a deeper HOLE..You were called out...and EXPOSED..!

You have made many post LATELY...questioning other members character...! Now you are
being judged..You have just ENOUGH knowledge of this Industry..to be dangerous...
While you have quite a lot of BY THE BOOK knowledge...You do not have a lot of time
under your belt.."with that knowledge"

You need to MAN-UP...and apoligize for the exageration's...Then LET-IT GO.!!!!!
I think you are a smart young man..and I BELIEVE that you will be sucessful in this business.
You just JUCIED up your post ...for more attention..."Fine"...live with the consequences...!!!

This BOARD...will NOT let it fly...! This COULD be a very good life LESSON for you....!
If we can tell when you are OVERSTATING the truth..So can your CLEINTS.... :wink: .

SO "KEEP IT REAL".........and shut-up.. :idea: let it fade away....!

JEEZE...over 500 looks at this post....how far will you go to CYA... :oops:

PS...EVEN "I"...Don't mess with FCC.... :shock:

Harper you are right as usual, and I have not changed how I feel about anyone on this board. I have absolutely no negative feelings about anyone. Like I said earlier this place is for fun and laughter. Sometimes things go astray. I am not CMA either. I guess I better not mess with FCC. :wink: Live and learn.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Very...good.."dAn-YaL-SauN"...always listen the "GrAss-ah-HaRpEr"..... :!: :!:

Now.... stfu ....and GO TO BED..... :D

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
HARPER said:
Daniel,

ENOUGH... You are heading into a BB meltdown....! Let this thread DIE...!

You have "screwed the pooch" you are loosing credability trying to defend your mistake.
You wrote a thread that was NOT truthful..! You are just digging a deeper HOLE..You were called out...and EXPOSED..!

You have made many post LATELY...questioning other members character...! Now you are
being judged..You have just ENOUGH knowledge of this Industry..to be dangerous...
While you have quite a lot of BY THE BOOK knowledge...You do not have a lot of time
under your belt.."with that knowledge"

You need to MAN-UP...and apoligize for the exageration's...Then LET-IT GO.!!!!!
I think you are a smart young man..and I BELIEVE that you will be sucessful in this business.
You just JUCIED up your post ...for more attention..."Fine"...live with the consequences...!!!

This BOARD...will NOT let it fly...! This COULD be a very good life LESSON for you....!
If we can tell when you are OVERSTATING the truth..So can your CLEINTS.... :wink: .

SO "KEEP IT REAL".........and shut-up.. :idea: let it fade away....!

JEEZE...over 500 looks at this post....how far will you go to CYA... :oops:

PS...EVEN "I"...Don't mess with FCC.... :shock:

Odd- harper and I agree 100% on something! incredible! somewhat amus Harper- well said!

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
danielc said:
Greg do you really think that I walked into this guys bedroom and right there on the computer screen was "How to start a carpet business." I admit I stetched the truth on this one. Greg I don't run a b and s operation and get all of my customers through referals and definetly would never go through a customers personal items. I run a first class operation. Always have and always will. I was shocked when Fred called me a pos over some made up crap. The story did have some merit. The guy was grilling me about my business. I have been doing this long enough to tell when a customer is curious and trying to gain info. I could care less about this guy. I was just trying to make for some entertainment. Yes the photo is me and I know I look young for my age.

In actuality, your behavior is matching the age you look in the photo. And for the record- i don't run a b&s operation either, but apparently with your going through a customer's personal computer- you have all the morale fiber of a B&S operator. Wait- I just insulted B&S operators..... :lol:

If you made it up- then I pose this question: Why would we even begin to believe anything else you have written or will continue to write? There is stretching the truth and then there is actual lying. Personally: It sounds like you are just covering your butt by claiming you made it up. Either way - you have lost serious credibility. GUYS - he is obviously still quite young and we should cut him some slack- NOT a ton- but some.
FOR THE RECORD: Stories or jokes about going through a customers things is bad form. It's that kind of behavior and fear that is rampant with our potential customers!

Name
steve snail
Trained my eyes years ago not to focus in on personal papers on customers desks. Mother nature has made it much easier with my now "geezer" eyes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom