customers with more money than brains

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a lady's son drop off 3 rugs at the shop today. The story is, she lives in a trailer and got so sick, she coudn't let her dog out to pee and poop. The rugs are a cheap acrylic set. The runner has a price tag of 55.00. My price for cleaning and deodorizing is 75.00. The son says go ahead anyway. The price for all 3 is almost twice the price of replacment. I just don't get it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160122_162042.jpg
    IMG_20160122_162042.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20160122_162051.jpg
    IMG_20160122_162051.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 287

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Buy her new ones and say you cleaned them. It's not as profitable, but it's less work and a good deed. Then clean the old ones and donate them to a charity. Two good deeds.

The son might not be making the best decision. I'd call the lady to make sure.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
if I could find the same colors that would be a good idea. unfortunenately, she is very attached for some reason to this set. I went over with the son who dropped them off what the price is and the value of the rugs and he is paying for them and doesn't care how much it costs. Just wants to make mom happy.

Reactions: J Scott W

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I have to echo what Richard said, get a deposit before you start the work, that is unless you really like the looks of the rugs.

Even with a 50% deposit, we get about 50 rugs or so a year that people abandon. In Michigan, rugs left for professional processing can be disposed of after 180 days. We wait a year and have a very comprehensive "disposal" process we go through when that does happen, including certified letter and phone calls by division manager. We have refined the process over the years, learning from some costly mistakes... :icon_redface:

Most rugs can be sold, though some aren't even worth the dumpster space they take up.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Customer picked up the rugs yesterday and paid. I reduced the price a little because of the type and condition. His mom called me today to say what nice job I did. Total cost 227.00 including tax. Replacment cost probably less than 300.00. Sentimental value? Priceless.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom