Daily, weekly, monthly goals?

Name
Jeff T
Just curious, what can a single O/O expect? Is your ceiling 5k a week? 7-10k? Just want to know where I stand......

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
As long as I do $300 a day I can pay my bills and keep food on the table pay taxes and fund retirement. I am debt free though so I don't need much. I usually do $1700-$2500 a week depending on the time of year. Two or three jobs a day normally. That's all this body can handle.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I did just shy of 7k this week.... I know I left money on the table..... starting to attract better clients, bigger/ better jobs...
It really is about where you live and cost of living.. 7K is just as good as $3,500 in some of these states in the US might actually be less. Your money isn't even worth the same!

My only goal, is crush the last year month by month.. I do NEED to hire again next year, and raise prices! We hit max capacity this year.. It wasn't a fun year!

Reactions: Mikey P and Russ T.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I try to do $2k per week. If I can do that then I can stay in the black. Always hoping for better. Lately things have been weird. Lots of repairs on the wife's car, other vehicle expenses, $700 electric bills, and a high amount of reschedules. It really hit me this month. Hope things even out moving forward.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
In the Midwest I expect each of our trucks to average $4-5k/week. There are weeks where it's a bit lower and many where it's higher, but roughly $800-$1000/day avg is great for us.

Reactions: Russ T.

Able 1

Name
Keith
In the Midwest I expect each of our trucks to average $4-5k/week. There are weeks where it's a bit lower and many where it's higher, but roughly $800-$1000/day avg is great for us.
What do you spend to advertise?

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
It's such a hard thing to do comparisons. It's like Apples and Oranges.

What is your market size? Who are your clients? Residential, commercial? Apartments, rentals?

Marketing budget?

Very true, and of course the important thing is how much you get to keep. I keep my expenses low. With health and liability insurance and the other necessary expenses for a one man show I only spend around $1000 a month. My only marketing is my web hosting fee of $13 a month, oh and I did have new shirts made this year. One of my customers designed a new logo and website on barter so I had my van logo replaced.

My market is 99.9% residential, middle to upper class in a pretty dense population area.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Are your guys alone on the truck?

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
What do you spend to advertise?
Roughly $20k annually. Mostly on pay per click, google ad words, social media, and Angie's list. Very little to none spent on print, never done radio or tv. Alot of our business is repeat and most new customers are finding us through our ranking with Google or Angie's list

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Are you running out of your house or do you have a commercial locatation?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
cost of living here is insane but I got lucky and bought a good sized property a few years ago before it got too crazy.. just cleared an area about 20k sqft where we are going to put our commercial building, it was a jungle.

gotta save for a while to pay for the building though, its going to cost about 30k+ for a 40x80

we do pretty well per week but could be better, hoping the location with street exposure will help

but ya a 1bdrm apartment here can run you 3000/month for 500sqft, so its a lot different than other parts of the US

Mikey P

Administrator
My two two man crews need to do 35-40k amount to float our boat in Scruz

They did 64 in August which blew our old record of 50 something out the barn doors.

My NV numbers while growing, are pathetic in comparison

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
My two two man crews need to do 35-40k amount to float our boat in Scruz

They did 64 in August which blew our old record of 50 something out the barn doors.

My NV numbers while growing, are pathetic in comparison
Mike is that per week or month?

steve_64

Winter months $500 a week is common. Summer months $1500 to $3500 is normal.

$100 month for advertising the last two years, before that almost nothing. No vehicle payments t all. Very low cost of living here.

If I add Gennys numbers it's about double.we are close to combining both businesses.

Reactions: Mikey P

Chris A

Name
Chris

Is that an average for the year or peak months? 200-250k per truck would be amazing with solo techs. I know you guys do quite a bit of commercial also

Reactions: Able 1 and Russ T.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Just curious, what can a single O/O expect?

most won't admit it, but figure most one man show O/Ops average $300 a day for a 300 day work day year
If they're the "workaholic" type, they can double that with "normal" pricing ($30-$60 rm pricing structure)

those guys own a pretty good "job"
(not implying there's a thing wrong with that, just that there's no "biz to sell" when they want to hang up the wand)

I did just shy of 7k this week

that's rockin for sure for a one man show
I think it unrealistic for a one man show to sustain $350K a year though .
You're going to kill your body well before it's time and never see your family to boot

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
We run two vans on a LOT of jobs, then we split up for the smaller stuff.. We have been killing commercial jobs this year! I just have one full timer, and me.. I need another guy!! Last job today was $400, and we were finished in an hour(two vans, two guys).. When you take the first step and hire someone train them quick and get them on their own, so you can split up to service all calls. If I want to give my guy hours, we work together(I try to keep him at 40 hours or more).

I f'd up my back last week and everything got done,my wife even went out with my tech for a day:lol:(now she knows how to schedule)! I took off the whole week.. A great friend of mine in the area cleaned two rentals which was clutch, but everything else went as planned..

I'm all about saving money, as long as it doesn't effect production..

All year average $4,000 per week, the winter is slow here..

You know,I feel guilty when I see my employees YTD on his check stub.. I gave him a raise today!

Name
Nate W.
We run two vans on a LOT of jobs, then we split up for the smaller stuff.. We have been killing commercial jobs this year! I just have one full timer, and me.. I need another guy!! Last job today was $400, and we were finished in an hour(two vans, two guys).. When you take the first step and hire someone train them quick and get them on their own, so you can split up to service all calls. If I want to give my guy hours, we work together(I try to keep him at 40 hours or more).

I f'd up my back last week and everything got done,my wife even went out with my tech for a day:lol:(now she knows how to schedule)! I took off the whole week.. A great friend of mine in the area cleaned two rentals which was clutch, but everything else went as planned..

I'm all about saving money, as long as it doesn't effect production..

All year average $4,000 per week, the winter is slow here..

You know,I feel guilty when I see my employees YTD on his check stub.. I gave him a raise today!

Does he talk more or less now?!?

"You know _______, I can pay you more if you just shut the hell up and clean"

"Less chatter, more splatter"

:stir:

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom