Daimer Portable?

CarpetBurn

Hello hello,

Anyone got info on the Daimer line? specifically the 5900ui? Opinions, advice, pointers, anything you can share let me know. That is the unit i have and i have liked it thus far. I am looking for any kind of info on how to get this unit to work best for me. i am also using the eco-green chemical they sent with it. i have the factory 25' hose that was with it. I have worked a couple jobs that i noticed the well soiled areas(where feet sit in front of chairs, and entrance ways) are not coming clean enough to match the other carpet. Both of these occasions were on commercial short carpet that have NEVER been cleaned over a few years. Should my chemical and extractor be getting that up? or are some spots just impossible? i have two concentrations of the chemical for heavier soiled spots.

ALSO... BEFORE I GET REEMED... I AM TRYING TO GET INTO THE CLASSES FOR CARPET CLEANING TECHNICIAN BUT AM HAVING SCHEDULING CONFLICTS. AND I HAVE TRIED USING SEARCHES BUT IT SAYS IM NOT ALLOWED. so if this was touched on before i appologize.

THANKS! a carpet newbie

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's possible some of that is wear and will not clean up but before you chalk it up to that.

First I'd try more agitation and possibly something strong for a preconditioner.

Bob Foster

CarpetBurn said:
Hello hello,

Anyone got info on the Daimer line? specifically the 5900ui? Opinions, advice, pointers, anything you can share let me know. That is the unit i have and i have liked it thus far. I am looking for any kind of info on how to get this unit to work best for me. i am also using the eco-green chemical they sent with it. i have the factory 25' hose that was with it. I have worked a couple jobs that i noticed the well soiled areas(where feet sit in front of chairs, and entrance ways) are not coming clean enough to match the other carpet. Both of these occasions were on commercial short carpet that have NEVER been cleaned over a few years. Should my chemical and extractor be getting that up? or are some spots just impossible? i have two concentrations of the chemical for heavier soiled spots.

ALSO... BEFORE I GET REEMED... I AM TRYING TO GET INTO THE CLASSES FOR CARPET CLEANING TECHNICIAN BUT AM HAVING SCHEDULING CONFLICTS. AND I HAVE TRIED USING SEARCHES BUT IT SAYS IM NOT ALLOWED. so if this was touched on before i appologize.

THANKS! a carpet newbie

Go see Larry Cobb about a Mytee carpet extractor - you can do way better for your money than that thing you are looking at.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
No offense, but purgatory for a carpet cleaner would be trying to clean dirty carpet with a machine like that Daimer. Continuing to learn with that machine will make the learning process 10 times longer than it should be. Every time you run in to an issue, the pink elephant will be that machine's capacities and performance. If you are serious about this business venture, then start working on a exit strategy away from that Daimer, and at least into a decent entry level porty.
Go to Cobb's Supply and spend some time picking their brains. regarding equipment and chemicals. Also order a Jon Don and Interlink catalog and keep them by the terlet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Anyone got info on the Daimer line? specifically the 5900ui? Opinions, advice, pointers, anything you can share let me know. That is the unit i have and i have liked it thus far.

you already own it, so unless you're going to invest in a new unit, learn to live with it's limitations

I am looking for any kind of info on how to get this unit to work best for me.

add a 175 rpm rotary scrubber to your arsenal of tools .
You'll be able to use it with bonnets as a stand alone cleaning method for commercial carpet
or
use it to scrub/agitate your pre-spray and then extract rinse with your porty .
You can't get much better than a "one-two punch" like that

i am also using the eco-green chemical they sent with it.

Don't know a thing about that chem line.
But two things come to mind with a name like that;
1.) it's just marketing bullony to catch gullible rubes
2.) it's pee water weak , as most "truly" green chems aren't very aggressive

i noticed the well soiled areas(where feet sit in front of chairs, and entrance ways) are not coming clean enough to match the other carpet.
Both of these occasions were on commercial short carpet that have NEVER been cleaned over a few years. Should my chemical and extractor be getting that up? or are some spots just impossible? i have two concentrations of the chemical for heavier soiled spots.

could be wear , could be soil ..likely a combination of both given your equipment/chems and lack of experience to know the difference of what can and can't be done .
That's not a put down, BTW, just stating realities

Go see Cobby if you're in his 'hood .
get gal or jar of his strongest nuke juice pre-spray to try

BTW, if you're not pre-spraying the carpet first, and allowing sufficient dwell time before extraction, you need to start .
You'll notice a tremendous difference on soiled carpet compared to just running juice thru the machine .

add the scrub/agitation of a rotary to the pre-spray before extraction/rinse , and the difference will be greater still.
especially on soiled com carpet

..l.T.A.

CarpetBurn

Bob Foster said:
CarpetBurn said:
Hello hello,

THANKS! a carpet newbie

Go see Larry Cobb about a Mytee carpet extractor - you can do way better for your money than that thing you are looking at.

Yea my bad, i should have been more clear... i was already raped and now have that unit... haha advice is still appreciated though! im just north of Austin, Texas.

CarpetBurn

I feel like i got duped... damn it... my research was an epic fail from what it seems. Im glad i wasted all that dough on a shitty unit haha... well on the plus side, i have already cut into my overhead quite a bit using the daimer, so i guess its time to sell it and get a unit that will hang with the big boys.. or at least the other small guys lol.... man... that is depressing.. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE...I prefer harsh reality over BS "you will do great"... haha

Thanks for the support!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom