Damn you Jim Martin!

Mikey P

Administrator

that like watching a horror movie

flashbacks galore.

everything but the fresh tank swap I've been through..

Determined to get a couple more years out of her, knock on wood.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Funny video. What is that, a 10 year old truck and machine? How much revenue has it generated, 2-4 million dollars? Things wear out, rust out, break. Our pto trucks and machines are given very hard use. I know I have to spend a few thousand every year on repairs on my TM, mostly on the Chevy Express, but it's to be expected. The guy who engineered the Vortex never had time to really refine all the components, probably because of his own personal difficulties and ego, but everything can be replaced and even improved on that truck as it continues to make hundreds of thousands more in revenue.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Not only was the truck a bit old when he sold it, he made a killing, selling it!

So it held its value, even for being an old used beast of a truckmount!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Not only was the truck a bit old when he sold it, he made a killing, selling it!

So it held its value, even for being an old used beast of a truckmount!!

it was a 6008 series............that one is the vortex sweet spot......

I bought it...and used it for 4.5 years and sold it for just a bit less then I paid for it....

the most expensive thing I did to that truck was replace the fresh tank with a round one..there was no way I was going to fight that POS square tank...
even if you take into account the money I put into it...which really was not that much because I have the hook up for most parts I need and I do all the work myself...

That truck made me all kinds of money...and by the time I got finished with it.....it was one of the best 6008 trucks out there....and after everything was said and done and I sold it...it was pretty much like using it for 4.5 years for free.............

I was sad to see it pull away...until it was around the corner...then I was doing naked cart wheels down the street...
I am pretty sure it is sitting in some field somewhere striped down and rusted...you have to know how to take care of one of these or it will get away from you....the guy that bought it was not to bright...........

Reactions: kingjoelking

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Ud did not have much designed just for the truck line, so the odds are in you favor.

Just remove the motor and see who the oe was and use the Internet to find a replacement.

At the dealer a starter for our 1400 was almost 1000 and I found it online for 300, as it was just a hitachi starter with a couple of specifics that were easily found.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom