Dang, my GMC 3500 engine died, but the Butler unit runs beautifully. All parts for sale.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Yeah, Butler didn't offer enough so.....

2004 GMC van with 2008 Hi Heat Butler with all 3 options plus 210 gallon waste tank. 7300 hours on unit. Unit works fine but the truck engine died so we are shelling out the big bucks for a new one but want to sell this to someone who can get this beauty going again.

First $7500 takes it. Or make offer. Yes, I can dicker.

If no one wants it within a few days we are going to part it out so please act quickly.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Name
Steve Lawrence
Post some pix please Steve.
IMG_4281.jpg
IMG_4269.jpg
IMG_4286.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I propose a "Flash Sale" first Mexican from Kansas gets it! :shifty:

Put in on the Craigslist in the major towns in your state. Its a great deal for someone to invest in. I'd throw a new tranny in there too and have years of easy cleaning! :cool:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Steve Lawrence
transmission is 2 years old! Good suggestion on the Craiglist, thanks, Richard.

Just placed 9 Craigslist ads around my state.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I still don't understand why you're not getting another crate engine. I know it's an older unit, but it's also a PTO which should have very compatible parts. That van is paid for and your profit margin is probably awesome, due to the fact that you're not paying $12k/year financing.

If youre just wanting to have a new setup, get your new setup and leave this parked until you can find another engine at a salvage yard.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't get it either, I'd throw a motor in that baby and keep on trucking. If I didn't already have one more van than I need I'd own it

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
I bought a ten year old Butler out of CT 18 years ago. Ran great, machine flawless, but the body was trashed with rust. Too ugly to use in daylight, so we only used it at the shop.

Clean newer vans were plentiful and cheap here then. I regret I didn't go that route.

J

JS41035

I agree with selling it. 7300 hours is just a ton. Even with a new tranny. Crate motor installed will be at least 3500. The best time to sell it would have been a year ago:)
Keeping a DD too long takes all the fun out it.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I still don't understand why you're not getting another crate engine. I know it's an older unit, but it's also a PTO which should have very compatible parts. That van is paid for and your profit margin is probably awesome, due to the fact that you're not paying $12k/year financing.

If youre just wanting to have a new setup, get your new setup and leave this parked until you can find another engine at a salvage yard.
Checked into a new Jasper for it. About 6k. Just doesn't make sense to me. Van is older.

Reactions: steve_64

Chris A

Name
Chris
If you do decide to keep it check lkq also. I've seen used engines around 3k with warrantees

Name
Nate W.
I bought a body damaged 2014 chevy express 3500 with the 6.0 engine that had 4,xxx miles for $800.00

Deals are out there, it all depends if you have the room to store it in the mean time..

Good luck with whichever you decide..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sold it! (Craigslist--Thanks Richard!) Not quite what I wanted but pretty close and I really like the new owners even though they are friggin' Buckeyes!
Its always hard to sell vans, TM's and equipment. Its never worth what you think it is. :errf:

We often keep things too long just because we can't get what we feel its worth. However once we start feeling the nickle and dime pinch then we trade it in on new. I hate paying either way but if I must pay, it may as well be new.

At least you got close and you can end the chapter on that truck. Good luck with the new Butler! :cool:

Name
Steve Lawrence
Its always hard to sell vans, TM's and equipment. Its never worth what you think it is. :errf:

We often keep things too long just because we can't get what we feel its worth. However once we start feeling the nickle and dime pinch then we trade it in on new. I hate paying either way but if I must pay, it may as well be new.

At least you got close and you can end the chapter on that truck. Good luck with the new Butler! :cool:
Thanks so much, Jockey of the Desk!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom