Dang you Sapphire Scientific and your upholstery tool!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My guys like it so much, they won't give it back to me for my truck....and even worse....

I have to find another clear head for the next new Sapphire upholstery tool I am going to have to buy! (they love that too!)

You know it's a hit when the guys are excited to clean upholstery and they even tell the lady of the house on the way out, they are excited to come back and be able to clean the other large sofa in the house!

Dang you! (all said with a lot of love except for my pocket book...LOL)

Please also tell me there will be another round of clear heads available ASAP! (Pretty Please)

Oh and the upholstery agitation mitt....another big hit.

This is just going to cost some money :)

And Thank You John Olson for getting these products and more out to me so quick!

2014-04-15121345_zps6fab4c55.jpg

2014-04-15122104_zpsb5d0bc8b.jpg

2014-04-15122144_zpsab07dc5f.jpg

2014-04-15121359_zps27290bf0.jpg

2014-04-15121351_zps397e6b59.jpg

2014-04-11141346_zpsf3735446.jpg

2014-04-11141341_zps3e6db3a0.jpg

2014-04-11141308_zps54216aa4.jpg

2014-04-11141227_zpsf8793e9a.jpg

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
That clear head is pretty cool. I've only had one upholstery job since getting it. I might have to use it on some stairs just to put some more miles on it.

Becker

Name
Becker
Tack strip can tear it up.

And besides IMO anyone who uses it on stairs is a hack!
Plz don't make me explain why.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Tack strip can tear it up.

And besides IMO anyone who uses it on stairs is a hack!
Plz don't make me explain why.

I jus don't understand it!

Please explain why : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I hope they pull the trigger before rotovac does.

I hope both do.

And some due improvement in some other upholstery tools that with a few improvements can be great tools as well.

It seems like there are rewards to be reaped, when a company (like Sapphire smartly did) listens to cleaners (or just have smart designers who also happen to understand what cleaners want.)

Rotovac? CFR? DryMaster? HydroKinetic? KleenRite? ProChem?

All we can do is give you guys valuable feedback from real cleaners. We can't make you listen. Hopefully SS's great success will.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
another huge improvement on the latest tools is the sewn in loop to hold the pressure valve in place in the protective sleeve.

my guys like it better than the locking Parker valves

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All we can do is give you guys valuable feedback from real cleaners. We can't make you listen.
I would think radical change would be hard, especially when you consider how many/few tools are sold. Many cleaners don't clean enough upholstery to justify the purchase of a good tool instead they buy a cheap one. If they buy one at all.

Kudo's to all those that make upholstery tools, I've bought most of those listed and they all clean fine. Personal preference has me sticking with the Sapphire tools as our mainstay. :icon_cool:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I would think radical change would be hard, especially when you consider how many/few tools are sold. Many cleaners don't clean enough upholstery to justify the purchase of a good tool instead they buy a cheap one. If they buy one at all.

Kudo's to all those that make upholstery tools, I've bought most of those listed and they all clean fine. Personal preference has me sticking with the Sapphire tools as our mainstay. :icon_cool:

I agree with the Kudos.
Though I am not sure about your conclusion. Yes, R&D costs money, however, what do you think is the actual cost to produce (once R&D is done) the actual tool. It is a tool with a nice margin of profit. Be interesting to see some numbers regarding the total sales of a tool like the SS one.

Also. It may be worth taking into account the value and recognition it creates for a company, which cannot be measured directly in $$

For example, SS with their attention to detail and ability to listen to what cleaners want, created a lot of attention to its entire line of products and tremendous good will.

That is a smart business move.

Also, if so few buy good tools (fools) doesn't it make it an untapped market and a good business opportunity? Come on Sir Richard (previously Saint R.) you know the business spiel- Find a need and fulfill it. Now, go and watch the grass grow.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do you give those excuses to your clients as well?
(And don't tell me you're a market leader. We know the deal :headbang:)

And SS did not exist a few years ago.

Yes, deep pockets, like the RPM juggernaut, certainly helps. However without smarts and innovation, what will keep these companies in business? They'll only have the low price rout and we know that in that field, they will be crushed.

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
epu2ure6.jpg

You guys using them or jus lookin at em, panzies!

Suckers making me some money cha ching : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I need one more and with the clear head.

Any ideas where to find one?

Wheres the black market for these things? ;)

And the cover over the valve is very nice!

Seriously if someone knows where there is another one, please let me know....and thanks!

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
Best upholstery tool I ever had, makes my old hydramaster one look like a car I once owed, while I was driving it I thought it was great, only till I upgraded.

I have 2 of the tools, one for each van.

Heck that reminds me, I wore one HM tool out, rebuilt it, wore it out again, then just trashed it and bought a new one, then wore it out about the time I bought my 1st SS tool.
I know I have used one of the longer than any of my HM tool, besides a hose issue the bussiness end is built to last!

John Olson

Name
John Olson

I told ya order a tool and you will be first in line. I kept one for me and no I am not giving it up. I have a collection of obscure/first run tools that are MINE. If no more are made then I have one. Now could a couple of C notes change my mind? maybe :)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Best upholstery tool I ever had, makes my old hydramaster one look like a car I once owed, while I was driving it I thought it was great, only till I upgraded.

I have 2 of the tools, one for each van.

Heck that reminds me, I wore one HM tool out, rebuilt it, wore it out again, then just trashed it and bought a new one, then wore it out about the time I bought my 1st SS tool.
I know I have used one of the longer than any of my HM tool, besides a hose issue the bussiness end is built to last!

The hose seems much improved over what I have heard about earlier versions.

The new wrap that goes around the flow control is really great too. I thought I was going to have to update both, but new and improved.

Clear head....big hit also right now. My Guys just love it as well as me

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lockhart, expect to pay dearly though.

He said its a signature edition. Yea he said Keith signed it. He wanted double retail.

That fooker is greedy!!!

:winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom