Dang you Sapphire Scientific and your upholstery tool!

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Still have my clear clamshell on my desk. Just enjoying the tool still in blue. I take both my tools in with me, Kinetic and Sapphire. What a combination. I actually enjoy attacking upholstery again and any amount.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Anyone else have the tab that locks the handle in the on position constantly pop out while cleaning? How about the trigger handle bending so easily that after a little use you have to bend it out again to open the valve? A good tool with room for improvement.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Oz from newer or older tools? We've had them since the first came out but have not seen either. Have had a hose blow on two tools but we do use them quite a bit. It happens on the PC too so I think its just a wear part. ???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Bought the tool about eight working days ago. It's going through sea trials and is in use almost every day with a different tech. The trigger is a stamping with little vertical bend and uses a soft metal. Bending it back out a couple of times a day may break it off at some point.

Just seems like finding cafeteria grade cutlery at a Ruth's Chris.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its very close Jimmy. If there were no Sapphire tool, I'd settle for the Rotovac tool.
Not too bad for a ripoff.

Every see that movie "Multiplicity"? They make copies of Michael Keaton and as you make a copy of a copy it gets a little fuzzy......
:biggrin:

Head to head comparing valve, trigger, cleaning, the Sapphire tool kicks it squarely right in the ass! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But if they are using pot metal for a valve handle instead of SS on a $500 + , I don't think I'd buy one if they are that cheaply made.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In my opinion as the sane man representative on this very board.

Anybody cleaning stairs with an upholstery tool is CRI certifiably insane :winky:

I'm currently negotiating with Bryan to have that certificate be accepted by its sidekick the IICRCA.

Last edited:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Our mechanic bent a little more "U" into the handle at the weak point. We'll see if that holds up.

Anybody cleaning stairs with an upholstery tool is CRI certifiably insane :winky:

I'm currently negotiating with Bryan to have that certificate be accepted by its sidekick the IICRCA.
We could require the certifiable ranking prior to being certified! Another $200! Thanks Ofer! :smile:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We have been usin the Crapola outta Our lil Butler tool too! Stuffed a glide in it an off to the races.

View attachment 4443

They make a 6 or 8'" in that thing ?

I know you have seen this post before Chris, but this tool works for us.

I also remember Jim Martin had one of these tools he did not like. Maybe could buy it off him and do the mods if he has not.

Just a thought. Smaller tools are different for everyone though. Just what works for us, but not everyone.

Post 22 is where my posts start.

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?271687-New-stair-tool&highlight=Stair+tool

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
In my opinion as the sane man representative on this very board.

Upholstery Tool ?

Dang U Ofer! That there is a Damn Detail tool.

Soak n Suk shit !

The SS is an Upholstery tool.
It does not blow fookin agua everywhere!

Lets se you fat headed wand Finess the Nose then fit perfectly in that face slot.

Switched to the Suk Mop up top n blew the heads.

These were bad and I stand my case of Perfection!

Then we go....
Right now, me paying to join any group who is making attempts at Governing The Mother Ship is crazy!
Money better spent on the Proper things doing this line of work than padding some asses.

I am Poor and Proud!

My Conscience Drives My Soul Buddy : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You guys just don't understand:
Prochem's is the best, build your own house and clean the upholstery too, tool in the industry.
I like it still. It's built to last forever (it outlasted my elbow) and it does well on herculon, family room try fabrics. The Sapphire shines on special care fabrics. I presonally think you need them both. One to flood durable fabrics and one when you want better control and less moisture.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree Richard, the Prochem tool is built to last, and made of all quality parts. If they could only invest in making it the same yet lighter, it will be great.

The tools where the jets are not contained allow you to mist which is nice. One just need to set their work environment differently to accommodate the over spraying. (Tarps on floors for moisture and protect adjoining furniture etc which takes longer to set up and break down.)

Still, the contained jets tools are the better all around tools and always end up being the ones pulled out of the van.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes it has a nice design, just a little heavy if you're cleaning for several hours. I always liked the bypass screw, for super hot cleaning.

Easy to repair the valve and just a very durable tool. Put a Greenglide and it works even better.

J

JS41035

Seriously the prochem tool feels like it should cost what it does. I wish I had one. It's funny how silly CCs can be. I did 200 bucks worth of furniture today. Still don't have a prochem tool. I should have every stinking one. Not very many other trades pay off a tool as fast as we can. Plus most stuff lasts for years. Yet I still complain about the price of everything.
My cousin has a Fire ext biz. He spends tens of thousands on tools. I was explaining to him how I was trying to pick a rotary. When he found out the price he said" geez man but em all an get to work". Kinda true. Even at 6 grand you would still make a ton of money. Same gos for the prochem titanium wand. 1200 bucks is too expensive. But you just made 300 bucks in 2 hours. Us broke carpet cleaners are retarded.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
alight I finally get to pick up mine tomorrow! Quite excited as I already have upholstery jobs tomorrow afternoon.

when using tm's what psi have you guys found to be the sweet spot to run these at ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom