Dave Jones RIP

Mikey P

Administrator
Dave Jones, Jim Bethel's Father In Law passed away a few days ago.
Jim was planning on attending Connections and I believe was on his way to the airport when he got the news.

Dave was MB member and I had conversed with him a few times. While not a Cleaner he enjoyed the board and was free with his advice on motorbiking to me. Like Jim and His Dad Gary, a all around great guy.

Eckman and I were together when we got the news. We had been keeping up with Dave via the web about his recent ride taking him from Seattle to North Carolina in something like 48 hours.

Dave was a real legend in the biking world.

Read more here..

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 02,00.html

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503803

My sincerest condolences to the Bethel family.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
terribly sorry to hear that, Jim

be strong for your wife and family , I'm sure they need you most right now

...L.T.A.

Jimbo

Still feels like a ton of bricks....

I'm thinking of Jim & Kristy Bethel...my heart goes out to you guys...

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thanks for the nice sentiments guys! It all helps at the moment....

Within the long distance riding community, he was definitely a celebrity and just a all round nice guy who would go out of his way for anyone. Within the Iron Butt rally in which he was participating, he was the only Aussie in the rally that hadn't rode in the USA before, and he was going extremely well on the points system.

He landed in the States about 3 weeks ago, and for a 'warm up' rode from Seaside, Oregon diagonally down to Charleston in South Carolina in 48 hours. He had two days rest, then competed in the real reason he traveled to the US for, the Iron Butt Rally, where riders have to do a minimum of 1000 miles a day for 11 consecutive days while chasing a variety of bonus points. And the rider with post points (not who crosses the finish line first) is the overall winner.

Unfortunately, he was 101 miles from the finish line in Spokane, WA when he hit a deer and passed away the next day after being life flighted to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho before he passed away. I was, as always, looking forward to catching up with everyone at Connections, and will have to put that on hold to a future event, maybe a MF. But for now, work has obviously taken a back seat while I look after my wife, mother in law and their other children. Thanks for the messages and emails though boys!

Jim

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Jim,

Heartbreaking to say the least. I'm so sorry for the loss you and your family have suffered. He sounded like an amazing, inspiring individual who touched the lives of many. My heart goes out to you and your family.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jim and Gary,

I'm so sorry. What a loss to the biking community and most of all, to your family and our industry.

Our deepest condolences.

Take care,
Lisa and Mike

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Jim,

Just come across this.

Am deeply sorry for your loss.

Is this the David Jones of PowerClean Australia? If so, I never realised that he was your FIL.

Kind regards, John

jimn

Hello Jim,

Please give Kristy and your family our deepest condolences.

You and your family are in our prayers..

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Thanks for the calls and emails from quite a few of the MB crew, and to those that have posted on here.

I showed my mother in law when you put his pic up as pic of the day Mikey and it brought another tear of appreciation to her eye - thanks mate!

Jim

Name
Ron lippold
Hey jim im sorry for your alls loss. I just hope i get to go lovin what im doing. My prayers are with you all.

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Sorry for your Loss, sounds like he was a class act and one fast guy on a bike.

We will pray for the family and your family

God Bless

Vince

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom