Day 1 in San Fran

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron and Art..

Let's not waste time here and make sure I'm not talking to baby chicks who don't have what it takes to become roosters..

Real basic question: How many jobs have you done this year so far and how many did you average over the last three years?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mikey P said:
Im not so sure West is the final word on the subject.

Are you making a good living Ron?!
Well, he's probably made and lost more than you've made so far.

I do make a good living. I'm not wealthy or making enough to be extravagant, but I'm not as ambitious as you. If I was, I might have the "big" busn, probably bigger than yours. I also am aware that I would need someone to manage a larger busn.

Roosters in whose eyes Mike? Are we to live up to your standards? Who decides the standards? You?
I average 300 jobs a year without much marketing, job ave around $300+

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ron Werner said:
I average 300 jobs a year without much marketing, job ave around $300+

LOL. I average 900 jobs a year for many years now, no marketing,job average 100+. I bust my ass working alone. Mostly I love it, and so do my custys. Mike is a rooster crowing on the BBs but a small fry in the business just like us.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron, no offense what so ever but at those numbers you are correct in staying where you are.

Art on the other hand is either lying or turning away work.

Most likely turning away so he can avoid the pains of employees and pretend that he is a tortured artist practicing his craft..
I'm sure he has plenty (if not most) clients who would be thrilled to have a Tech that was trained by him out instead of being put on the waiting list. Take it from me who thought the same thing when I was a pOOsey, most old clients don't care (and the new ones will never know) if its you stroking the wand or a well trained and personable tech.
As a matter of fact I just got in from a job where last week my guys did $1255 dollars for here and she made it a point to tell me how great "my crew" was..

Too bad for Art(eest) but to each his own.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Sure I have customers say they can't wait, I tell them to call Hagopian. It happens every week. I like doing things this way, and I don't like employees. If I expanded and hired help and did more work, I doubt I would end up with more money for all the trouble. Simple is good.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
And back to the subject......

How was Steve Marsh's course?
I liked it a lot.

Though, a large part of it is how to clean 'clean' fabrics.
The demonstrations on really delicate fabrics were on pretty clean ones. He does emphasize not owning the clients problems. However, I'd like to see what is accomplished on some of these really soiled, delicate fabrics.

And don't forget that part of what he preaches is not to do upholstery cleaning for such low prices.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
kolfer1 said:
And back to the subject......

How was Steve Marsh's course?
I liked it a lot.

Though, a large part of it is how to clean 'clean' fabrics.
The demonstrations on really delicate fabrics were on pretty clean ones. He does emphasize not owning the clients problems. However, I'd like to see what is accomplished on some of these really soiled, delicate fabrics.

And don't forget that part of what he preaches is not to do upholstery cleaning for such low prices.

I liked it a lot too. It pointed out some bad habits I've been getting into and showed a very simple way of removing soil. Yes, he is using clean sample's but it was more to remove the fear fo working on them. One of the students brought in a sample worth $350 a yard. We tried the methods only to discover that it shouldn't be cleaned, spot cleaned only. His first rule is do no damage. Its a VERY valuable tool to know when to walk away. Each method we tried was creating some damage. Thing is, if you can clean the delicates, you can clean the soiled.

You can see the demo cloths where we worked on removing a multitude of spots/stains.

We also put the Sapphire Uph tool up against the Hydrokinetic. Steve prefers the SS. I do believe a couple students purchased a SS. The HK lost out only because of its weight and the vacuum lines left by the glide holes. Greenie did suggest a mod to the glide to resolve that issue.

Mikey P said:
How much time did he spend pitching his mentorship program?
He barely mentioned it. The only time he mentioned it was at night after class when we were eating. During class he hinted at it the odd time but that was it. The course was about uph and that was what he taught.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Oh, I would highly recommend this class as a follow up class to the normal uph class. It brings a lot of the knowledge together in a manageable and usable methodology. Even for a newby he takes the fear of cleaning uph away with a simple step by step procedure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom