Dead Mex

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
So I went to clean some classrooms last night at a local school. Got it all vacuumed and presprayed, went to grab the cimex to scrub it in and it made kind of a popping sound as it turned on and then nothing. Kind of like the sound when u would trip a breaker. Anybody ever have anything like this happen to them or any ideas of what it could be? Thankfully I had my CRB on the truck so I was able to scrub with that although I feel that the Cimex definitely would have done a better job.

Name
Jesse
No clue, our only failure has been a belt. We now stock an extra belt and have 4 machines so we don't get hung up by a failure.

Does it make any noise or respond at all when turned on?

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
No noise no anything now. Like its not getting any power. Took it to my local electrical repair guy but he's like 90 and wont be able to look at it for a few days. Figured I'd see if anybody here had any similar issues.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We carry 3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive 08002 in our Encap box just in case. Along with taking a spare Cimex just in case. If we blow a driver we pull it off the spare, glue it, put some weight on it and she's good to go later in the job if we need it.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
No noise no anything now. Like its not getting any power. Took it to my local electrical repair guy but he's like 90 and wont be able to look at it for a few days. Figured I'd see if anybody here had any similar issues.

Yes we had same thing happen on the newer model, went dead then later on started up but moved slow.

We dropped it off at a local janitorial distributor and they fixed it, sorry can't remember what they did though.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
One other time it went dead on me after rolling it down some steps but then an hour later restarted and has worked flawlessly ever since until last night. I was hoping there was just some breaker or reset button but didn't find anything.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
get in and look at the switch wiring....or are you not good at that stuff??? as you took it in.... Sometimes its a time thing I dunno...

anyway mine did this, and i jumped the gun and bought a new switch...got in to replace it....and a wire was rubbing, and finally broke through....

So i have a switch if you need it....give it to ya for %25 off....you can call and get a price or i can look for my invoice on it....plus shipping...

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i agree with Richard, probably a short. how old is the cord? order a Kodiak cord from Ex Supply. happened to me once with the stock cord. i've never had it happen to a Kodiak cord.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
went and found how much i paid...$144.44....so 108 and its yours...plus shipping....

let me know

801-898-6210

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Shew.....

Thought this thread was gonna be about something happening to Chavez.

Glad he's alright!

A Cimex trouble shooting thread is kool though
: )

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
dude I'm superman, ain't shit happening to me......unless you have some Kryptonite that I don't know about. :biggrin:

e75c2151-a2f8-4f99-86ea-1bd59c34f06b_zps752d96b4.png

Ask Mikey what happens when my powers take over!

Just a week before that another buddy lost a chicken coup outta te truck an it got hit : O

Scares me at times Senior !

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I definitely think it's something stupid like the switch or the cord. The cord has definitely seen better days. I'm fairly mechanical but when it comes to electrical I get lost quick. The guy I took it to fixed my old rotovac a few times for me so I'm hoping he can sort it out pretty quickly. I'll let ya know on the switch, thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Anytime...you here a pop and then it is dead...that is a sure bet it is a short...most the time it is just looking and you can find it because it is burnt...

spade clip could of come off the motor.....wire could of been rubbing somewhere........wire on the switch could of came lose.......there is a handful of things it could of been.....

probably a easy fix and back up and running again....doubt it hurt it to much.........

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Thanks Jim. I did pull the covers off and gave it a once over quick but didn't see any obvious signs like a burnt wire or anything. My power cord was really starting to get kinky so that wouldn't surprise me tho.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Kinky cords don't normally pop like that. They cause other types of problem's. Did you check the wire foment the switch to the motor to make sure nothing pinched it and it shorted there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Just heard from the guy that's working on my cimex. I'm not very good with electrical but he said the part of my machine that converts ac to dc shorted out. Does anybody know what this is or where I can get one?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom