Death of a Legend...

Ron K

I have a Legend XL 1800ish hours on it and I have just recently noticed water coming out my exhaust while running. Worse when cold less when Hot.. Is it time to raise my prices???

:hopeless:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have a Legend XL 1800ish hours on it and I have just recently noticed water coming out my exhaust while running. Worse when cold less when Hot.. Is it time to raise my prices???

:hopeless:

How wet are your pants when you stand in front of the machine?

Ron K

Briefs just a little yellow, in the front. But the machine just seems to be dripping through the exhaust maybe 1/2 to 2 teaspoon. Something I've never noticed before in that amount.
Whats the diagnosis.... beside new panty's.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Briefs just a little yellow, in the front. But the machine just seems to be dripping through the exhaust maybe 1/2 to 2 teaspoon. Something I've never noticed before in that amount.
Whats the diagnosis.... beside new panty's.
If your not soaked when standing in front the heat exchanger is fine. What has been your outside RH? It is just condensation Prochem allows for up to a cup and hour so don't stress :)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mine does it........they all will do it ......when the weather cools off...as the machine cools down from a day of running.....condensation builds up....when you first turn it on then it will blow it out....the only time you need to be concerned about it is if it does not stop once it is good and warmed up........

Reactions: spotman123

Ron K

Jon Don told me I needed a new one, yellowish water comes out at start. How can I tell if a new one is needed Jim? As I said it never did anything like that until recently.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just watch mine.......if it stops after it is warmed up then I know it was just blowing condensation.....if and/or when...( and I am sure the day will come )...it does not stop blowing out water...then I will know it is time to tear it down.....

when you first turn yours on and it spits out a little water...does it stop..or does it do it all the time,...even after it is warmed up.......

off the top of my head.....yellowish water tells me that if you are spraying something like WD40 in your blower that it might be building up.....and collecting crap down on the coils/fins.......how is your heat...are you having any problems while cleaning maintaining your heat.....

Ron K

Heat is ok I used to have a Mastermatic and nothing compares to that. In the summer heat is ok winter time so-so. Takes a while to get up to temp and recovery is slower. Just had it serviced they didn't say the coils were bad. I do shoot wd40 every once and a while but not daily maybe actually once a week tops. If it is condensation though why has it just started happening lately we've had it over some time and I am very conscious of any fluids leaking anywhere in my customers driveway.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Heat is ok I used to have a Mastermatic and nothing compares to that. In the summer heat is ok winter time so-so. Takes a while to get up to temp and recovery is slower. Just had it serviced they didn't say the coils were bad. I do shoot wd40 every once and a while but not daily maybe actually once a week tops. If it is condensation though why has it just started happening lately we've had it over some time and I am very conscious of any fluids leaking anywhere in my customers driveway.

mine did not seem like it did it at first either....I put WD40 in mine at the end of every week....after a while it will start to leave a trace on your coils/fins......your heat sounds like it is doing fine.....same as mine...in the summer it is cooking...in the winter months it takes longer to get to temp and I lose about 10 to 15 degrees....personally I really don't think you are having anything to really worry about...maybe a bit of build up but that's about it....

why they did not condensate so much in the beginning ...is hard to say.....there may of been an oily coating on them when they were new and in time it burned off...???...or it just could be build up and holding moister....what ever the reason....I still think your OK...

another thing......and this does not have anything to do with your coil...you will start to notice that as it gets colder..you are going to have o-rings dripping......after they wear a bit they will get hard in the winter...as your machine heats the water up they will normally soften up and seal themselves....another one of those things that happen when it gets cold....only worry about them if they still drip after the water has heated up.......

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
mine did not seem like it did it at first either....I put WD40 in mine at the end of every week....after a while it will start to leave a trace on your coils/fins......your heat sounds like it is doing fine.....same as mine...in the summer it is cooking...in the winter months it takes longer to get to temp and I lose about 10 to 15 degrees....personally I really don't think you are having anything to really worry about...maybe a bit of build up but that's about it....

why they did not condensate so much in the beginning ...is hard to say.....there may of been an oily coating on them when they were new and in time it burned off...???...or it just could be build up and holding moister....what ever the reason....I still think your OK...

another thing......and this does not have anything to do with your coil...you will start to notice that as it gets colder..you are going to have o-rings dripping......after they wear a bit they will get hard in the winter...as your machine heats the water up they will normally soften up and seal themselves....another one of those things that happen when it gets cold....only worry about them if they still drip after the water has heated up.......
How often do you guys clean off your heat exchanger fins? My unit doesn't use this type of exchanger but I've seen some get real dirty. I would think the older the engine the worse it can get, especially carbon build up.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
pending on the usage.....and how much crap is sprayed into the blower....they really should be at the very least inspected once a year.....it is really important to make sure you have good flow going threw for a lot of reasons.....pretty sure it is one of those maintenance items that most will over look............

Ron K

Been running for a while now and and more water is coming out for longer duration too until it stops. Also now water is just leaking out at night. I have an appointment to hav e it repaired should I ask for the old one back???

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
It could be a problem but gas engines give off water as a by product. Ever see it coming out of your exhaust pipe? That's why you shouldn't run your car for short trips. The water will sit in your muffler and pipes and cause them to rust if the water isn't burnt off. Run your vehicles longer and the heat of your exhaust will evaporate that water.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Been running for a while now and and more water is coming out for longer duration too until it stops. Also now water is just leaking out at night. I have an appointment to hav e it repaired should I ask for the old one back???

Water is leaking out at night? I would venture to suggest there is a leak somewhere in the waste tank or the drain hoses from the waste tank. When the machine is running, a leak in the vac side will cause water to be pulled into the blower and out the blower exhaust. When not running, the water will leak out.

Ron K

Was told water was from water box leaking through HX at night. $600 plus and it don't leak anymore. Wasn't Humidity no water out exhaust now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom