Decaf Coffee

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Curious to know what has been successful for you on decaf coffee.

Going to a job Tuesday where Stanley could not remove an entire cup of decaf coffee w/kaluha spilled on white carpet. I have had some success on these, but must say that decaf coffee (and its additives) have been one of the tougher stains to remove over the years.

Thanks.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
A good coffee stain remover always works for us on coffee, but I suspect the Kaluha is the problem which may require more advanced stain removal techniques

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Decaf sometimes can be a problem because the decaf process can take out the color of the beans. So coloring is added to make it look like coffee again. But, like Ken said usually coffee remover works. If it is a 2 part use fresh product and it may need extra time to work. So, after extracting and spotting apply your coffee remover and cover it with wax paper and a few blocks. Have the client remove the wax paper after 24 hours.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm pretty sure "Coffee Stain Remover" is just Sodium Bi-sulfate so if you don't have any but have some Brown Out remover will work as well.

I could be one ingredient off but basically you are dealing with the synthetic dyes that are used to darken the beans after the decafinating removes some of the color.

Make sure to rinse out the Stanley/milk residue before you start applying

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just finished a job this morning with same prob.......hot coffee with creamer, don't know if it was decaf, white, 12 year old nylon carpet. Got most all of it except for a light yellow hue. Used some Chemspec (old) coffee stain remover, mixed fresh, and allowed to set. I will check with custy after all dries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom