Deck-O-Seal on carpet help

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
My best client just called & said they got Deck-O-Seal (Two-Part, Elastomeric, Polysulfide-Based Joint Sealant) on their new carpet, the sealer is black & of course the carpet is white, they described a long trail the size of a quarter...

The sealer was installed today & I cant get there until Thursday, what products would you use?

POG's?
Hel Gel?
R-46?
Pro Solve Gel?

Don't they use Polysulfide to make carpet backing? I don't want to delaminate new carpet.

http://www.deckoseal.com/787.htm

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't know anything about it Jim

but just from looking at the product description, sounds like they're screwed.
Especially if the product has time to cure

I sure wouldn't promise anything, cause it will sure enough be cured by the time you get there

..L.T.A.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I ended up running down to the job late last night, I wasn't able to run my TM because they had family over from out of town... all I could do is apply a heavy dose of Hel Gel & use a bone scraper to cover the entire stain...tomorrow I should be able to use different solvents even though Polysulfide polymers are insoluble in water, oils, and many other organic solvents.

They had just removed carpet protection film after a 1 million dollar remolding :oops:

Thanks guys.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Update,

So today I went back expecting the worst, my jaw dropped after seeing how great Hel Gel Orange had worked, 97% of the black stains were gone & I didn't notice any type of residue, the spots looked a tad whitish but that was gone after vacuuming, I cleaned the areas to rinse everything out & plan on spot cleaning it again next week (it has to be perfect).

Steve Smith from Vac Away Hel Gel saved my client from replacing a large BR & massive hall & made me a hero\genius (again).

I was prepared to use a long list of solvents, POGs, WD40 & even brake cleaner but Hel Gel was all I needed.

http://vacaway.com/vaHelGelOrange/index.htm

SteveSmith

Glad Hel-Gel ORANGE did the trick for ya Jim... We'll add substances containing polysulfide to our long list of spots/stains Hel-Gel will remove.

Thanks,

Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom