Defoamer?

GRHeacock

Know what you are getting into.

All defoamers are cationic, and neutralize the anionic properties of the detergent.

Do NOT mix with a detergent/emulsifier.

I preferred a liquid defoamer over a powdered.

It always seemed to me to go further- especially if you get the best of it's type.

Gary

hogjowl

Idiot™
To answer your question, I haven't seen a nickles worth of difference in any of the defoamers I've used.

I'd say just get whatever you have available.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Like Gary said don't mix with your cleaning.. pull through hose when issues and dump a little in waste tank... now liquid to powder.. powder is more conveient as you can sprinkle on floor and suck up with out any mixing issues. Liquid can be more potent may work quicker.

R

rotovacguy

roro said:
On the crystal type we have only used Chemspec and Prochem.
Chemspec was by far the best.

roro

I'll second that.

I bought a 50 lb tub of the crystal Chemspec from Jon Don, and have no complaints at all. I know guys say the liquid stuff is more potent, but I can't say I've had the same results from the liquid as I have from the dry crystal. The crystal stuff just seems to do more with less.

Also, I have to say Harper was right on ( I think it was him that said it..... :? ) about loading up pantyhose with the dry crystals and strapping it in your waste tank / auto dumper.....works great!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Hmm I'll have to try that! We use pretty much Chemspec Defoam exclusively.. Masterblends is almost identical so If you have a Masterblend dealer nearby you could use them as well.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i haven't had to use a defoamer since i switched to Genie Care DElux Superclean...
over TWENTY YEARS ago...!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I ran out of defoamer a few weekends ago, everyone was closed. Found some at, of all places, Ace Hardware. It was like 7 bucks for a quart, and I couldn't tell the difference between it and the Chemspec I had been using.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got a jug of that stuff rolling a round in the back of the truck some where....Haven't needed to use it in about 4 years....The label is all warn off but I think I got it from Interlink and it use to work real good...stuff is probably a brick by now...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
defoamer in the tank (the panty hose thingie) doesn't do a thing for recovery lose due to foam in the hoses

every now and then we run into a carpet that's loaded with soap.
powdered defoamers are best for those type situations, cause you can sprinkle it around the rooms.
and it's the only type I buy.
I think Chemspec is what we have on the van right now

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
defoamer in the tank (the panty hose thingie) doesn't do a thing for recovery lose due to foam in the hoses

every now and then we run into a carpet that's loaded with soap.
powdered defoamers are best for those type situations, cause you can sprinkle it around the rooms.
and it's the only type I buy.
I think Chemspec is what we have on the van right now

..L.T.A.

I had a cgd that was loaded with soap from the janitors shampooing with dish detergent and who knows what else for years and never rinsing the carpet. I couldn't move my wand 6 inches before the vac would die out almost completely. I had to sprinkle some powder defoamer all over the carpet and then my vac stayed up. I too was using Chemspec. I have tried several and they all work good.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
I had a cgd that was loaded with soap from the janitors shampooing with dish detergent and who knows what else for years and never rinsing the carpet. I couldn't move my wand 6 inches before the vac would die out almost completely.

eeYEP
another too, are the home owners and handymen with Hoover squit'n spit machines.
They figger if one glug of soap in the tank is good, 3 glugs is gooder

following a Chem-Lie bonnet hack can make some suds as well

..L.T.A.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Believe it or not one of the best defoamers I found is Rug Doctor...
I know why it works so well too. IT FUGGIN' HAS TOO. LOL

Anyway, The powdered stuff is good for the jobs thatare loaded w/residue because you can "sprinkle" the carpet with it but the liquids have "seemed" to work faster and better for waste tank/vac line foam in my admittedly limited experience...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom