Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

I've tried air dusting (done it in the past successfully, but there appears to maybe be a oily film that teh dust is settled in and so dusting will not budge.

Soot content is reasonably minor and mainly building materials burnt so should have been a simple dry soot cleanup.

These are items of HIGH sentimental value as they are made by the lady and she can no longer make them. These are the two prize pieces she kept.

Help appreciated. John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's a difficult one!

Paint brush and Q-tips and OMS for hair and fabric. All purpose cleaner or glass cleaner for the rest. Check all surfaces first with cleaning solution to make sure of no damage.

If it is water safe, it could be dipped in an ultrasonic machine. Although the painted surfaces can be damaged if left in contact too long. I would do several quick dips instead of one long one.

If not water safe, replace the hair and OMS the fabric.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Thanks Richard, I've gone back to teh Adjuster with some options and costs and the ball is back in his court now. He did tell me that they are now finding that they are slightly uninsured so he indicated we'll now find out really how valueable they are to them. The doll ins't too bad overall, there is soot on the feet/socks/shoes but the rest of it is more light dusting and then deodorisation.

John

minuteman

Here is an idea for you, try Ultrasound with DI water or Pure Water System if it is water safe I would think if it works it would do it in seconds, tops a minute.

Name
Al
"These are items of HIGH sentimental value as they are made by the lady and she can no longer make them. These are the two prize pieces she kept."

Unless there is a extra coverage on these items the insurance company will care less about "HIGH sentimental value".

Good Luck. Do what you can for the customer just don't let the insurance company think you are spending extra time on the items.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Greg, items have water sensitive materials under the fabric giving it shape.

Al, Insurance companies are slightly different downunder. Not a lot, but still different. I've done jobs where they have authorised high ticket stuff on sentimental contents because there is sufficient cover and someone signs off.

Thanks guys, John

Back
Top Bottom