demon in the machine..

Mikey P

Administrator
The high water shut off float/switch on the 2004 Vortex has been a royal pain in the arse over the years.

Works fine for months or years than out of nowhere it starts killing the complete power to the unit at the most random times.
Last week it went down and killed power mid job so I had to walk my kid through un-wireing it and continuing the circuit on site. I dont even want to know where he found the wire to do so (customer's garage, something about a lamp) but he got it done and the V worked a few more days

With a huge thanks to Jim Far More Worthy Than Marty, Martin I was able to redo all the fried wiring and replace the connectors with far easier to use water proof spades and even came up with this cool idea for the next time the demon shows up and I'm not around..

This will hang from the Harwell switch...

20140513_193646_zpsc09d8748.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
sniffs, nobody is impressed by my effort to avoid bike ride/fishing interrupting "we can't finish the route so we're going disc golfing" phone calls.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Great idea. :headbang:

I'd laminate it and then start a "Trouble Shooting" binder and put stuff like that in the unit so they can turn to the binder before they call you.

Even if its stuff you've told them before they may not remember it step by step. You can even add in photos to help them. It will be a pain to get it started but could keep it from being an issue when you're out on one of your bike rides.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yea,

I don run no friggin float for that reason alone.

Of course your Animal is much much meaner than mine so there is a difference : )

Prolly why I had to rinse the brown poo outta my blow hole this morning too : )

Is there an inline fuse? Fried wiring somehings wrong dude!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Harwil have the best float switches out there..........on my old Vortex waste tank....I had a shield protecting it ....I don't know if Mikes does or not but it has been his Achilles heel for as long as I can remember.....

Jumper wires are your best friend......take the time and make a few up and toss them in the glove box...you will be happy you did one day.......

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You can't just unplug it. Pull it and replace the micro switch. The companies right down the street from you.

Gene

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
If you drive your TM in Hilly areas such as SF and maybe your area Mikey-- The floats in the Waste Tank AND Mixing Tank can become stuck when the water is sloshing around when driving around-- and thus telling your TM to shut down..

hope this helps-

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom