Demo's

Chris A

Name
Chris
How many of you guys use demos to close sales. I have one at a 400 unit apartment complex today. I like offering them because my master sales skills are only somewhat developed. Your thoughts?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my demos suck because then they see what a horrible cleaner I am before they purchase

Chris A

Name
Chris
LOL at Greg, I did the demo, crayola'd a bleach spot, and I'm pretty sure I landed the account (spidey-senses). Will update.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Remember Kryptonite?

FEAR it stinky! :p

Kryptonite.JPG

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Demo's have never come up.

I remember the old days of some people doing that.

Of course I am out of the loop of the industry unless I get on this board.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian Robison said:
Demo's have never come up.

I remember the old days of some people doing that.

Of course I am out of the loop of the industry unless I get on this board.

I plan on using them for a while until my sales skills improve enough not to need them. Then again many people view CCing as a commodity.

A

Axeman

I'm going to be doing this soon. Bit concerned that I might be taken for a ride, like if they say clean a particularly dirty part for free.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Axeman said:
I'm going to be doing this soon. Bit concerned that I might be taken for a ride, like if they say clean a particularly dirty part for free.

If you clean an area make sure it is only half the area that is dirty. If they ask why just tell them it is to show a comparison.
If you clean an entire room then you've been had...maybe.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would love to to demo's for resturants because if I don't get them the hacks that do have something to live up to. Can you picture having a REAL clean spot that they can't match? I always offer this when I give my estimate but haven't had any takers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
I would love to to demo's for resturants because if I don't get them the hacks that do have something to live up to. Can you picture having a REAL clean spot that they can't match? I always offer this when I give my estimate but haven't had any takers.

Keith, I think you are the hardest working advertiser on this board. From what I read, you work your ass off to get more work and that is awesome.
Did you read Wayne's post in the motivation thread.
Dude, if you put your self out there and overdid your spending on ads and spent your physical time doing other stuff I think you could be one of the more succesful cleaners here.
Just a thought.
Your relentless work ethic would be put to the test if you had too much work to do the marketing yourself.
I think you could do it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks Brian!

I spend quite a bit on advertising and I am working on a website and Wayne is working on my new flyer... Thing with spending money on ads is you have to work to make up for it. Lets say you spend 5,000 on a yellow page ad, get $10,000 in work that is good, but remember you didn't double your investment.. you worked your ass off to make that first 5000 back. You do get the repeats off that investment but still it is alot of money you put out. YP is not bad but not all that great either, I'm in it for the third year.

With flyers, if i'm slow I can put out 2,500 flyers a day(8 hours) for very little money. I think this year I will be at the point where I either hire for next year or raise my prices. I would like to become a 3 van company in the future.

The plan I have when I do expand is going to be similar: I am thinking that to start off I will book jobs for the 1st van(hired employee) while he is working I will be doing flyers and take the over flow of jobs with the 2nd van. It seems like a good plan to me what do you guys think?

I do agree that I need to try some different things to reach people that just throw out my flyer, and I'm working on that.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Heres my latest thought for picking up more work (commercial that is..so if you dont like it, close your eyes)

going into a few of the restaruants i like, and doing a 50/50 swap...I mean if i am gonna eat there, i may as well be doing it on the somewhat cheap..

what says you??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Trading services is good for things you either need or want often and are using already. Like hoody said, it has to be valued by both parties.

Keith,
Is it your goal to get off the truck or just run the overflow truck and run your company in between? Either are fine really but there has to be a plan for both.
If you have yourself in a van ever then you will need someone answering phones and maybe even doing the marketing stuff some...like flyers or whatever.

I know you said a 3 van company is your goal. When you reach that 3 van with other guys running them will you still do the 4th for overflow or do you get off the van completely?

Able 1

Name
Keith
How I am looking at it now is I want 3 vans and I would be on the over flow van. I wouldn't object to 4 vans but I think 3 is better to keep the quality up to what is acceptable to me. I just know I want to grow but I am willing to take my time (not too much though) as I do so.

Steve, I tried to do the mailer thing last year with the bridgepoint thing but that didn't go so well.. I do want to the mailers and I will be buying that pdq for my post cards this year. I think I will send the post cards once a 1/4 and see how that goes.

Thanks
Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm sure you will do fine either way. I don't want to see you get all wore out by the time your 40...how old are ya anyway?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'm 30. I will have my bro help me two days a week this year for my bigger jobs. I have more problems with aches when I'm not working regularly, when I start rolling I'm all good. Age is the reason that I want to get bigger though, I know it will start to get pretty hard in my older years.. The guys that have pushed non-glided wands for all those years I do tip my hat to.

A

Axeman

OK that does it. I need to bulk up so I'm going to frequent a few Italian resturants in the area and see if I can strike up a deal for a meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom