Descaling a Truckmount (Butler) Video

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had a number of people lately contact me on how to descale their Butler Truckmount.

I have sent a few pics in the past, but today we had it on our to do list to descale, so it was just easier to have a video available to send a link in the future.....

So here it is....

As I say in the Video....make sure you have your truckmount / Van motor exhausting outside while running!!!

Read the instructions also if your descaler needs to be diluted (and some descalers come in powder form to mix with water) I like the liquid.

We have hard water, so we descale about once a month.

I have even heard of RO water causing TM's to scale up and plug up, so a descaling is not a bad practice in my opinion for better performance and heat.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't have a fresh water inlet on the instrument panel of my Cleanco (high heat version of the Compact 47). Installer/tech from KC says descale through the chem jug. Called Cleanco in Canada and they confirmed this method.

I'm hesitant to do it because chem flow seems touchy as it is.

Should I just go with it?

Still in FL for a couple more days. Should I just go for it?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I don't have a fresh water inlet on the instrument panel of my Cleanco (high heat version of the Compact 47). Installer/tech from KC says descale through the chem jug. Called Cleanco in Canada and they confirmed this method.

I'm hesitant to do it because chem flow seems touchy as it is.

Should I just go with it?

Still in FL for a couple more days. Should I just go for it?

Boy, I am not sure if that is good for the chem inject Russ.

I have heard of it being done though I guess.

Is there a place that you can take on water without going through the tank? Maybe some sort of bypass?

Not familiar enough with that Cleanco (and the one we had years ago, I have forgot it's layout)

Wish I were closer to help look this over and figure out....

Reactions: Russ T.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Very nice job on video. You come across as a real pro. I can see why people would trust you.
I'm really surprised you have to do it at all with soft water. I only use the magnet and have only descaled once since 2006. we have a hardness here of 116 ppm.

Gene

Name
BradFenstermaker
Great Video Mark!

I do it like either of these depending how Tm is setup

Anybody can pull the suction side of there pump off and suck the descaler out of a bucket.
Then just place the pressure hose with open end flowing to same bucket.

just let it circulate around and around 10-15 mins. Shut it down and hook everything back up and flush.

If you have a waterbox just pour descaler in there and put outlet hose dumping in box and circulate.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Great Video Mark!

I do it like either of these depending how Tm is setup

Anybody can pull the suction side of there pump off and suck the descaler out of a bucket.
Then just place the pressure hose with open end flowing to same bucket.

just let it circulate around and around 10-15 mins. Shut it down and hook everything back up and flush.

If you have a waterbox just pour descaler in there and put outlet hose dumping in box and circulate.

Thanks Brad....I know there were others with different systems that your info will be much appreciated too :)

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mark I am thinking the same as Lyman. I would just suck descaler while purging the water out of sytem. Soon as descaler is coming out just drop the hose in same bucket.

Only use 1 bucket.

Secure the hoses in the same bucket and let it circulate. Walk to frig and grab favorite bev. Open and sit down and drink for 10 mins.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark I am thinking the same as Lyman. I would just suck descaler while purging the water out of sytem. Soon as descaler is coming out just drop the hose in same bucket.

Only use 1 bucket.

Secure the hoses in the same bucket and let it circulate. Walk to frig and grab favorite bev. Open and sit down and drink for 10 mins.
One bucket will work and we do that too. Just wanted to show in the video when about the gunk starts showing up.

Running pump dry... Shouldn't be a problem for this. Occasionally a person will run out of water in the fresh tank while cleaning too.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just circulating the Descaler and a lot of the heavy debris if any is going to the bottom of the bucket. Actually in perfect situation, would continue to use fresh Descaler but this works and the final rinse out at the end seems to flush any other debris out.

We even take the pump filter off that is on the cat pump to clean and check and have never found any junk that has dropped in there.

We have such hard water we have plugged up a unit.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
once a month..yikes...I would not want that stuff running through my machine that much....
invest in a good water softener is well worth the money...........our water is worse then yours and I have never had to descale any of my machines...ever...

Reactions: SamIam

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
once a month..yikes...I would not want that stuff running through my machine that much....
invest in a good water softener is well worth the money...........our water is worse then yours and I have never had to descale any of my machines...ever...

Water Softener and filters in the shop newer and maintained and also a Softener and filters on each van.

Ugly water due to the iron ore in the area.... Just 60 miles away my brothers don't need to Descale.

Water Softener business is good around here

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

what do you use to test the water coming out of the machine ...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have actually taken it to a couple of friends who do water Softener testing and sales and installs. Even have them service and check on occasion.

Actually have a meeting Monday with one of them and should take him samples from the Truckmount, shop and home again

Don't remember the numbers off hand but we even have to replace filters in the home about every month.

Not uncommon around here

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I keep water softener test strips in the truck and check what the water is coming out of the machine about twice a week...only takes a minute and is simple to do...

I don't run all that filter hopla on my house or machines...just good softeners and I keep a good eye on what the water levels are......

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I keep water softener test strips in the truck and check what the water is coming out of the machine about twice a week...only takes a minute and is simple to do...

I don't run all that filter hopla on my house or machines...just good softeners and I keep a good eye on what the water levels are......
Yeah

I have the strips in the shop too

This has been a good reminder that I need to schedule a time for the maintenance and entire water check again. My shop water Softener had something in the digital control go bad this Fall and was fixed...

It's time for an entire service of all again

Wish I would have kept the filters I just changed last week... Will see if they have been picked up by disposal yet and take pics

You know it's really time to change because the pressure in the wife's morning shower is bad and I hear about it for not changing out the filters!

Mike Draper

you can put a couple of prefilters before the softner that will take out those heavy metals. Three filters inline. 1carbon followed by a couple other different ones. Lance Golden was just telling me about this last week. He knows water pretty well.

I_Need_Help

Name
John

Hello I’m having an issue with my butler when I try to descale it the machine will not suck up the descale. I don’t know what it could be that causing the problem. The machine used to suck up the descale but out of nowhere it won’t. Can someone help me

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom