Descaling my truck mount.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I am losing heat recently at my wand. The last time I descaled, it cured the problem. In the past I've used muriatic acid but have read enough to think I should try the powder from Prochem. I want to be doing this right. I have a smaller slide in from a company called Chem Tex. It has last step chemical injection. It regulates its temp by dumping hot water into the dump tank. It has a water box (mix tank) that holds a couple gallons.
I saw a video on YouTube where a guy is descaling a hydramaster by essentially creating a loop with his solution line. He has an adaptor which allows him to plug his pressure outlet into the water box input so he is looping the acid through the system. Could anyone help with any suggestions? My machine is pretty basic but it cleans really well and I want to keep it that way for a long time. Thanks for your time!
Russ "The Clean Machine".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Why don't you just create a loop by connecting your solution line to the machine and put an open quick connect on it. Put it in your waterbox and let the machine run for 15 20minutes..

I recommend pulling a knee high nylon pantyhose on the end. (leave it somewhat loose) This will filter the particles great and won't allow them to be circulating back into your system. And your water box won't have solids depositing on the bottom.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks guys! There is no Jon Don near me (central Iowa). I like that idea about the panty hose over my solution line when I put it in the water box. Gonna try it, thanks!

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
On the day I know it's time to descale I start it at the last customer of the day. Before rolling up the hoses I pour a quart of Masterblends Descaler into my water box (not the big fresh water box, the little one the incoming water goes into) and run the machine with my solution line running into my water box for about two minutes. Then I roll up the hoses and go home. I wait a total of an hour and pull off the solution line and hook it up. Start the pump and run the water box nearly dry. Then let the water box refill and add some high ph cleaner. That neutralizes the acid. Then I let the pump run to clean out that detergent for about ten minutes before i shut it off. That has been the most successful process I have used so far.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Hi again. There is a fuse that controls the float in the water box. I think I will be removing that. Am I right? Also, my machine controls its heat by dumping hot water into the dump tank. I'm afraid of running the pump dry. If I run the engine at idle speed, is that the best thing to do in order to maintain the "loop" in the system? Tanks again for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom