Descaling TM's......Help!

Fred Homan

I would like to know the best way to descale a TM? The other day on another board it was mentioned to use muratic acid. Water first and then muratic acid. And flush it out running through the system. How much muratic acid in the 5 gallon jug? How many gal per minute?

Thanks,

Fred

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

Because you have a HydraMaster with copper HX, I would'nt use muriatic acid.

I would use a less aggressive acid cleaner for that TM. Probably a phosphoric based product.

On our TM's, we run 1/2 Gal. recirculating thru the machine for 30 minutes and flush with fresh water.

Larry Cobb

The other day on another board it was mentioned to use muratic acid.
Bad Idea

Prochem powder descaler if you want something strong but I wouldn't go any stronger than that.
You get that at Barker Hammer fred

T

The Magician

Hydra master recommends vinegar for the chemical system in the five gal. and they have a chemical for the HX. Or use PRO Chems . Hydra master uses SS HX

Alan Meter

Matrix has a descaler that is kick butt. I am amazed how well it cleans out the clogs. I wouldn't use any thing else. My heat exchanger heats up an extra 20 degrees after every use.

Oh ya.... don't forget to run some descaler through your hoses too.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I use Hm Descaler or eve n Clearwater rinse. Run it through for 10 min and flush with clean water for 15 min and it'll do the trick.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
If you use the proper chems....you will NEVER have ta de-scale.......

i really THOUGHT this board was of a higher level technology......

i can see all yous snake oil sellers out there.....and the gullible uninformed clients they prey on...both machine AND chems....pitiful!!!

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Want to explain that Bob? Especially not needing to descale the heat exchanger on a last step chem injection system.

I would think eventually it would have to be descaled.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Our water here is pretty hard. Last step chemical injection and on board water softners solved those problems for us - haven't descaled a machine since 2003 and haven't lost any usable heat.

Other perks are you can use less chems (we dilute about 50% down), and we noticed a much better clean.

We used all in one 30k grain softeners our local plumbing supply warehouse sells for $550 a pop. Every 3-5 days depending on machine hours, we plug them in, quick connect a brine hose, fresh water, hit a button, and recharge, 5 minutes 1-2 times weekly per truck. Best $550 you'll ever spend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom